July 2019







Here are all the pictures taken in May, 2019

Here are all the pictures taken in June, 2019.
We have added more pictures. Keeping checking here.
 Here are all the pictures taken in July, 2019.
We have added more pictures. Keeping checking here.


July 1, 2019
Today, mom and dad took the Jeep and drove to Telluride Colorado.  Telluride, a former Victorian mining town in Colorado’s Rocky Mountains, is set in a box canyon amid forested peaks at the base of a popular ski-and-golf resort.

They also have a Free Gondola ride from Mountain Village to Telluride.  The parking is also free.
Here are the pictures taken in today.

Here is a 6 1/2 minute video of the Gondola Ride at Telluride.

They got home an hour before my dinner time.  Who says parents can't be trained?  They know better than to make me wait, and they didn't today!!  So that was cool.

July 2nd, 2019
After I ate my breakfast of eggs, I took a nap.  When I woke up mom and dad had gone out to Box Canyon in Ouray, Colorado.
Here are the pictures and videos of Box Canyon.

Ouray Colorado, a cute little town, originally established by miners chasing silver and gold in the surrounding mountains, the town at one time boasted more horses and mules than people. Prospectors arrived in the area in 1875. In 1877, William Weston and George Barber found the Gertrude and Una gold veins in Imogene Basin, six miles south southwest of Ouray. Thomas Walsh acquired the two veins and all the open ground nearby. In 1897 opened the Camp Bird Mine, adding a twenty-stamp mill in 1898, and a forty-stamp mill in 1899. The mine produced almost 200,000 ounces of gold by 1902, when Walsh sold out to Camp Bird, Ltd. By 1916, Camp Bird, Ltd., had produced over one million ounces of gold.

July 3rd, 2019
Today we left the "land of birds" and I bobble-headed for three hours as we moved.  We traveled very slow as we traversed several mountain peaks that are considered fourteeners.  That's because they are over 14 thousand feet in heighth.  Lily did very good going up and down all those mountains.  She went slow but she never hiccuped once (or over heated).  We moved to Monarch Spur RV & Campground.  We are at an elevation of 8660 ft.
This place is a heavily wooded area.  I'm told, besides birds, I will have chipmunks, turkeys, bears, elk, deer, cougars, coyotes and water snakes to play with!  That should be fun!!  There is the South Arkansas River right in front of us.  So later tonight I'll go fishing.

July 4th, 2019
HAPPY JULY 4TH EVERYONE

I saw an elk this morning about sunrise.  Man those boys are big!!!

Today, they went for a walk around the campground.  Out East they found an old abandon Hydro Plant.
More pictures to come when the internet is better!!



The campground is having a party later this afternoon.  It should be good.  We are bringing brownies.
Mom and dad went to the social held by the park.  It was fun!!  We met people from Texas, OKC  and right here in Colorado.


July 5th, 2019
Today was laundry day and Walmart.  The Walmart is about 10 miles into town from here.
The WiFi here is sooooo slow.  And there is no telephone reception, except through the WiFi calling, which is iffy at best!!
Dad sprinkled bird seed out for all the birds.  This would give me something to do.  Watch them while they eat.  However, the chipmunk came and ate all the seeds.  He stuffed his mouth with so much seed he had bulging cheeks.  He was funny looking!!


July 6th, 2019
There is no SDA or independent church near-by.  So today we will watch a downloaded sermon and stay home.

July 7th, 2019
Today after my egg yoke breakfast, I took a nap.  While I was asleep, mom and dad went to the Monarch Pass Tram.  Here is a short video.
The Monarch Pass is widely considered one of the most scenic in Colorado, offering a panoramic view of the southern end of the Sawatch Range from the summit. During the summer, an aerial tram from the parking lot at the summit carries visitors to the top of Monarch Ridge above the pass (at approximately 12,000 feet (3,700 m) above sea level), allowing a wider view of the surrounding peaks. During the winter, visitors enjoy skiing at Monarch ski area. Monarch Mountain Lodge is located about 5 miles from the summit of the pass.
For some of the pictures we took, go here.

As we were coming down the mountain (at 45 MPH) we stopped to take pictures of some Colorado Big Horn Sheep who wanted to cross the road but were scared of the traffic.
Here's a short video of the sheep.

July 8th, 2019
Today I was left alone so they could go to the store.  I like it when they get food!  Food is good!
In the afternoon, I stayed here with dad while mom drove down the road to make phone calls.  We have NO telephone reception here in this campground.  Mom was gone several hours and dad and I got to be MEN.  We did manly things.

After dinner I got to snuggle up with mom while we watched a downloaded movie off the hard drive.  There is no TV reception here and we don't have any Over The Air TV or satellite.

July 9th,2019
The Cottonwood trees are blooming again.  It looks like it's snowing here.

After lunch, while I was sleeping on the veranda, mom and dad went out Jeepin.  At one point on the trail, they were at 10,150 feet high.  The view is just great from up here.  They just went up the road a little piece.  They went to a place called Dry Lake.  It was not dry!!  I don't know what those people are thinking?!  While at the lake, they saw a moose.  Click here to learn about moose.
He was huge and was not scared of us!  He/she just kept eating stuff off the bottom of the lake.  Yuk!!  I could never eat stuff off the bottom of the lake.  Well, maybe a fish or two!!  If I could do it without getting wet.   Here are the pictures of the moose including a short video.

July 10th, 2019
After breakfast we moved again.  I'm starting to get pretty good at this.  At the proper time I just get into bed, hide behind the pillows and wait until we arrive.  We traveled just over 100 miles but there was forest, mountains, rolling grassy area and plenty of trees along the way.  One peak was at over 9500 feet.  We finally arrived at the Diamond Campground at lunch time. 
I was ready to be fed!! I stress eat!!
Next door to the campground we saw a mommy deer and her fawn.  So Cute!!


My servants think they are so funny.  I'm not crazy about this new job I have!!  But I'll do it.


July 11th, 2019
I wasn't served my egg yokes this morning.  I was allowed to lick dads cereal bowl.  How degrading!!

Mom and dad then went to Miramont Castle Museum in Manitou  Springs Colorado.  They said it was very different but quite enjoyable.


Later, around mid afternoon, a young buck strolled through the RV park.  That was cool to watch.


July 12th, 2019
Today was Farmer's Market day!  In Woodland Pass Colorado, it was anyway.  Mom and dad went and bought vegetables, jam, gluten free pasta and fresh peaches.  Mom will put Agave on them when they are ripe.  That's good stuff!!!
After lunch I lost my bed while they did the laundry.  Sigh! O well.  At least now it will smell fresh!!

July 14th, 2019
Mom and dad left after they served me my egg yokes.  They went North seeking out jeep trails and Federal campgrounds.  What I didn't know, was mommy stopped at the store and bought fresh salmon for dinner.  I pushed, prodded and begged for some fresh salmon.  She finally gave me some!!  Man that was good stuff!!! I want more!  Let's go fishing!!!  I was so happy from eating fresh fish, I even started playing with my stuffed red mouse.


July 15th, 2019
Mom and dad left to go to some place called:  North Pole Colorado Santa’s Workshop.    They came home laughing.  They even got their faces tattooed or painted.  I don't know.  They are funny looking now.

I think they had a lot of fun.  Here's the evidence of them being childish and immature.  Parents, ... just when I thought I had them trained.

They got home just in time.  It started to rain. ALOT!!

July 16th, 2019
Today, mom and dad stayed home to work.  I have no idea what work is.  But I did get dad to play with me.  Until mom threw me off my veranda.  But, it was for a good reason she crocheted me a new dash mat cover.
It looks good and it's soft too!

July 17th, 2019
Without my permission Lily was packed up and made ready to move.  I said "adios" to everyone and went to bed where I couldn't see all the bumps in the road dad was aiming for.
About an hour or so later we arrived at Haggard's RV campground.  We are west of Pueblo, Co on US-50.  It's a big field with RV pedestals.  But it has everything we need at a great price.  Except trees.  But it has rabbits.  Lots and lots of rabbits!  I missed the rabbits up North.  And the cool air.  Pueblo is having a heat wave.  102 is the norm for the next 4 days.  That's how long we will be in this oven.

We should have stayed up North.  But nobody asked me!!!

July 18th, 2019

I was allowed peace and quiet today.  Mom and dad went out west to the Royal Bridge and Park.   They said it was a nice little tourist spot.  A little expensive but still nice.  Here's the official website.
They took several pictures including a video of the gorge while they road a tram car pulled by a tractor.  Here are the pictures.  They were smart!  They walked over the bridge (which they could feel swaying in the wind) but rode the tractor-pulled tram back to the visitor center.  The gondola and zip lines were closed due to high winds today.

July 19th, 2019
This morning, before it got to hot, mom and dad went up the road a piece to visit Colonel Leo Sidney Boston War Memorial Park.
 Click here to see their pictures.

Stretched between two Vietnam War helicopters are big letters: "IN GOD WE TRUST." The letters are covered with 58,272 glued-on pennies, one for each American killed in the war. The memorial-makers tried to use only pennies minted during 1965-1971, the war's deadliest years.  Click here to read more
Not all hero's wear capes!!

Later today we did the laundry.  I tried to help, but I'm not sure it was appreciated.  It's hot outside, so I'm going to bed.

July 20th, 2019
Today is sabbath, so I had the whole bed to myself while they left for church.  They did come home early afternoon and wake me.  But I expect that from them.  Late in the afternoon we had a storm front come through.  It was scary!!  The winds rocked the motor home, the rain was light but the temperature dropped from 103 down to 69.  There was a scary lighting show also.
I'm going to hide until this storm passes!!
After a couple hours of storms, we had a gorgeous sunset!!


July 21st, 2019
Again, after my egg yoke breakfast, I was subjected to bouncing down the highway.  I'm so tired of not being consulted in these things!!  Luckily, it was only an hour of torture.  Some of these roads need some serious repairs.
Mom and dad left me alone while they went and visited Bonnie and John (David's sister-in-law).  At first I was upset, then I learned they had two HUGE dogs.  Then I was happy to stay home.  There came a storm with lots of rain.  Then it hailed so much it looked like snow.  I hid under the chair during the storm, but don't tell anyone.  I was suppose to be protecting the motor home.  Luckily, there is no damage from the hail and rain storm.

July 22nd, 2019
Today was another shopping trip day.  We stocked up on everything we needed at Costco, Walmart and  Trader-Joe's.  We were out of a lot of things.  I was worried!  Our pantry was bare!  Except for my food.  Mommy has lots and lots of my food.  She loves me!!

July 23rd, 2019
Today, I hate my life!  Mom and dad (without asking) packed up Lily and moved us 300 miles into Kansas.  KANSAS!? Yes, Ellis Kansas!  4 1/2 hours plus lunch and a gas stop I had to endure dad bouncing us all around.  Plus, it was windy outside.  Most of the time it was broadside, trying to push us into the other lane.  But I must admit, dad did good!  He didn't kill us.  This time!

When we finally stopped in Ellis, we parked right next to a river.  This river had Canadian Geese swimming in it.  I've never made friends with Canadian Geese before.
As you can see, we are completed shaded by Cottonwood trees.  This is a city run RV campground.  It has bathrooms, showers and city run WiFi all included in the $20 per night.  I hope we stay an extra day here, so I can make friends with the geese!!
The weather here only got up to 86 degrees and it should get down to 56 degrees.  Very nice!!
There are lots of people fishing in the Big Creek river, right outside our camper.  Maybe I should go outside and teach them how to fish?  Nah, maybe tomorrow!!

July 24, 2019
Today, I earned my pay!  Lily was under attach by two, count them two, ugly squirrels.
 I chased one up at tree
And then I kept an eye on him for a long, long time.  They need to learn who's boss!!
On the other side of Lily (the motor home) was a pier.  On the other side of the river are some local church steeples.  It looked cool.

I haven't seen the Canadian geese.  I wonder where they went?  Did they go home?

 July 25th, 2019
Today was a very bad day!!!  Mom and dad left the Ellis campground, right next to a river, and drove in very high high winds 175 miles to Newton, Kansas.  The winds were broadside for the first half of the day and then the second half of the day it was head winds.  So it was a "white Knuckle day".  Sometimes, I think I am the original BOBBLE HEAD.

The place "they" decided to stop at is on the North side of Newton.  It is run by the owner of the Payne Propane.  It's just a big field with 5 or 6 trees and RV Pedestals.   The water pressure is low but the price is great!  $20 per day with full hook-ups.  I wonder what "creatures of the night" I will have to protect them from?
We are here to visit with a really good friend of mommy's, her name is Beth.

July 26th, 2019
Today was laundry day.  I tried to help, but all they did was play with me instead.  Then they left me while mom and dad took Beth out to dinner.  I was not asked to go!!!

July 27th, 2019
Today is sabbath.  Mom and dad went with Beth to Wichita to a local SDA church.  This allowed me to have the whole bed to myself.  NICE!!  After church dad stayed home with me while mom and Beth went to East Lake and did a bible study.


July 28th, 2019
Again, mom and dad left me alone so I had the whole bed to myself again.  Very nice!!!  They went with Beth to a local Mennonite Church that her son and daughter-in-law goes to.  Mom and dad said it was nice but a little different.  The church itself was a very beautiful church and the people were nice.  They went out to lunch with Beth, Cory (Beth's son), Carol (Cory's wife) and Adam (their 2 year old son).  Dad played with Adam the whole time at lunch.  He's such a kid!!!  So juvenile!!!

July 29th, 2019
Today, I was taken by surprise and we moved again.  Nobody ever gives me warning!!  We traveled 160 miles west to Water Sports Campground in Dodge City Kansas.

Funny thing, there's no lake, therefore there's no watersports.  Apparently, the water all went away during a drought, years ago, and never came back.  So, no fishing tonight!!  I'm going back to bed.

July 30th, 2019
Today was a good day.  Mom and dad went to the Dodge City Visitor's Center and left me alone so I could sleep.  At the visitor's center there was a old fashion steam engine.
 Doesn't mom look good as an engineer?!
At the visitor's center were statues of Matt Dillon and Doc Holiday.

 Then they decided to take a trolley ride around Dodge City.
The trolley ride was very cheap and lasted 1 hour.  There was a lot of history told about Dodge City  and the information was fascinating!!  For example:  The cattle feed lots can hold over 45,000 cattle,  are about 200 acres each and there are over 70 different feed lots within 100 miles.  This amounts to over 1.3 million cattle per year.  There are 2 slaughter houses in town employing approximately 5000 employees and they both process about 6,000 cattle per day each.

Approximately 1,500 trucks pass through Dodge City daily adding to the local economy.

The old Fort Dodge of 1865 still has parts of it standing, including the military cemetery.

They also stopped at the old Catholic church to take a pictures of a beautiful mural.


There are several museums in town.  One has wax figures of the important people of Dodge City.

July 31st, 2019
This morning, right after I got comfortable on the veranda, mom and dad started packing up to leave.  I've gone through this routine before.  So off I went to the bedroom to hide under the covers!
176 miles later, we pulled into the biggest dump in Colorado.  The Lake View RV Campground. This is a smaller campground with about 20 or 25 sites.  But the grass hadn't been mowed in forever, the 3 other people who are here have junk piled up around their motor homes and the bathrooms would make a pig sty look adorable!  The first site they pulled into had low branches.  Low enough to hit the top of Lily.  Luckily, no damage was done.  The second site they pulled into, the 50 amp plug was broken.  The third site, only had 100 amps of power when the AC was running.  Finally, they found a site with enough power to run the AC, but nothing else.
It's hard to tell what kind of animals I'll see tonight!!!  Probably BIGFOOT.


Comments

  1. Love your new home! What is it? Looking forward to following your new adventures this year! Have a great time and a great year of wonderful experiences. Dave & Manja

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts