Trip to Ark Encounter & Creation Museum & Mammoth Cave

Creation Museum, Ark Encounter, Mammoth Cave and Tx (Newest comments are at the top)

















Aug 20, 2018
After being bounced to and fro, we stopped at Ceder Bliss RV park.  Of course it took us what seems like forever to get here on these "Texas" roads.  I'm told (by the one who feeds me) we will be here 2 days.  So I will relax and maybe I'll see some new friends tonight.

Here's the view out the side window.
Here is the laundry and game room.
This place is really nice.  Maybe I'll talk them into staying awhile.

Aug 19, 2018
We left this park about 9 am and drove straight to Elgin, Texas, just outside of Austin, Texas.  It was a good smooth road dad took, but it was very windy outside.  The wind kept trying to blow Lily off the road.  I was glad when we finally got to Buena Vista RV Park.  A Christian family owns this small park very far from the highway.  She said they don't often get visitors who only stay 1 night. Most are monthlies.  This place is very small and quiet.   The WiFi is pretty slow!!  You can see from the picture the park is very "kid" friendly.

Aug 18, 2018
We went to a black church today.  It was really good!!  A lot of singing and a really good message about "letting go and let God".  The assigned pastor was at another church, so one of elders did the sermon.  After worship, there was lots of food at the fellowship hall.  I could barely wait until we got home before I took a nap.
Around 9 pm dad called the RV Park owner because the dogs next door were barking.  They have been barking for over an hour.  How sad for the doggies!!  The park owner came out around 10 pm and the dog owners came home around 10:30 pm.  The park owner said that the people were really very nice.  Dad said anybody who leaves any animal tied up outside in this heat for hours is not very nice!!
Aug 17, 2018
After breakfast, I took my normal travel position.
 If you notice closely, I have my back to the front windshield and pillows blocking my view.  I do not want to see the wreck dad is going to cause. No sir!
We drove again all day (180 miles) and stopped at Kroger.  But I didn't see any fish in the grocery bags.  No sir!  Then they dragged me to some honky tonk campground.  We weren't there an hour.  The WiFi was a joke (300 Kbps) and the cable TV had a busted cable the owner didn't want to fix.  So mom and dad packed me up again and drove across town to this new place.  Eazy RV Resort.  Maybe someday it will be a resort, but not today.  But, it has full hook-ups except TV.  Only 4 over the air stations.  But, mom & dad stopped moving, so it's OK!

Aug 16, 2018
Ya'll need to find me quickly!!  Dad started driving in the rain this morning.  He and his store bought license.  What was he thinking?  I prayed, and sure enough, the rain stopped.  But he kept driving.  Now the winds have kicked up.  But he kept driving.  Finally we stopped for lunch at some rest stop.  While here the winds stopped, but dad continued driving.  I went back to bed.  When I was woken up (by the one who smells good) we were just North of Texarkana, Arkansas at Sunrise RV Park.

At least he stopped driving today.  Those big rig trucks kept pushing us around.  Many of them came in our lane.  That scared me.  But nobody hit us and we didn't hit anybody!  Our guardian angel must be tired!!  We'll spend the night here and go into Texas tomorrow.  Yee haw!!!!!

Aug 15, 2018
Today was an interesting day.  Mom and dad made several stops.  Walmart, Costco, Costco gas, US Post Office, and Michael's.  They still traveled from Jackson TN to Forrest City AR.  About 140 miles.  Dad did good, cause he was driving against a 15 MPH plus head or SW wind.  Lily weaved in the wind quite a bit and I had to close my eyes every time a truck went by.  The wind would push us right out of the lane!  Anyway, dad pulled into an overnight spot in Forrest City, AR.  We have full hook-up with WiFi.  Dad's gonna sleep good tonight!


Aug 14, 2018
Today was a long driving day again.  Over 200 miles.  We stopped in a "no nothing spot" just for the night called Jackson RV Park.  It is really just a parking lot with full hook-up.  But a great price!!


Aug 13, 2018
I spent two days here looking for ducks, fish, turkey, deer, rabbits and other friends.  The only time I couldn't was when I was dragged away to Mammoth Cave National Park.
Mammoth Cave is over 400 miles of tunnels.  Mom and dad only did 2.  I think all that walking wore them out.  But they did see some cool cave things.
Dad's lucky I was here.  He almost ran over a wild turkey crossing the road near Mammoth Cave.


 These are names of people who either lived or visited the caves in the early 1800's.  The slaves would use candles on sticks to "burn" the names onto the ceiling for a tip.


Here is the link to all the pictures taken at Mammoth Cave:
https://youtu.be/LwT0R2Nl-mg

 Aug 12, 2018
Today was a travel day.  We are going to travel about 180 miles.   So I ate all of my breakfast on the front veranda (dash board).  Eggs and hash browns.  But NO bacon!!!

Then I took my proper place in bed.  I made sure I got comfortable before dad started bouncing me around.
After driving for what seemed a week (yeah, I really don't know how to tell time), we stopped at Singing Hills RV Park in Cave City Kentucky.  
 After the coast was clear, I took my "look-out" position.
This place is pretty nice.  It even has a wild critter watering hole, right outside my window.


Aug 10, 2018
Today was a very quiet day.  I slept while mom and dad went to Krogers.  I also slept while mom and dad went to the Ark Encounter without me.

Here is a slide show of some of their pictures taken at the Ark Encounter:
https://youtu.be/WTH5NWzIR_k

They were gone a long time, but I didn't worry.  They left the air conditioner on for me.  It got cold!  Even with my fur coat, I had to get under the covers to stay warm.
Just in time for dinner, dad pulled us into a campground called Cincinnati South Rose Garden Campground.  It's kinda nice.  It has a lake where I can go fishing later tonight.


 There are lots of birds here.  I think I'll enjoy my two days here!!  The TV is OK but the WiFi is 50/50.  The highway noise and the train noise won't scare me to bad.  I'm pretty brave, most of the time.


Aug 9, 2018
Again after breakfast I was tossed around to and fro.  But it didn't last long and we stopped.  I learned later mom & dad went to the Creation Museum.  Well at least they let me sleep for 3 hours with AC running.  That was nice of them.

Here is a slide show of a few pictures we took at the Creation Museum:
https://youtu.be/ZnsapwwptWg

Just when I was having a great dream, they came in and bothered me.  But this time the drive was nice.  I wish he would do that more often.  I asked mom & dad to scout out the lake for fish.  They reported back the lake has lots of fish and geese.

I think they had fun.  I'm surprised mom didn't push dad overboard!

Aug 8, 2018
Today we drove, (well dad drove I bounced) all the way to Indian Springs Campground, just outside of Cincinnati Ohio.  There is a big lake with lots geese and fish!!  I wasn't able to get out the other night, maybe I'll be successful tonight?!

The TV is OK (12 channels) and the WiFi is just enough for work.  It rained really hard at bed time!!  I'll have to plan my escape at another time.

Aug 7, 2018
We left the KOA around 9:30 after mom did some work on the phone with a client.  But we only went 30 or so miles and stopped at Skyline Memorial Cemetery.
I learned later that mom and dad stopped here to bury the ashes of  dads dad, my grandpa.  We didn't stay long, it was just us three.  We had  a small very private ceremony and then we left.
After we left we drove all the way to Indianapolis, IN.  Sometimes the roads were good.  Sometimes the roads were bad.  Sometimes very bumpy!  I don't like very bumpy!!!
Dad finally stopped at Lake Haven Retreat.  I don't know about the retreat, but I saw a bunch of Canadian geese down by the lake.  I'm gonna have a good time tonight!!
Mom and dad will be busy.  They have really great WiFi (20Mgps) and 100 cable channels.  They won't even miss me, while I'm down at the lake.

 Maybe I'll find some fish.  Ya'll know how much I love fish!!


Aug 6, 2018
Well they did it again.  They bounced me all the way to Kankakee, Illinois.  After a long day we stopped at a KOA for the night.
This place is nothing special, but they at least have internet.  I've been without internet for 4 days.  No wonder you can't find me!



Comments

Popular Posts