Texas to Carlsbad, NM to Home

TEXAS TO CARLSBAD CAVERNS TO HOME  (Newest comments are at the top)


Aug 29, 2018
We got home late in the afternoon.  After my meal time, too.
Aug 28, 2018
Today we left in the morning, like normal, and stopped on the way out of town at Safeway.  Then I went back to sleep in my bed.  When mom woke me up we were in Casa Grande RV Park.  The office is closed but some office guy told us to pay in the morning.  $20 for full hook-up.  That's cheap!!
Mom and dad found a spot in the sun (of course EVERY spot was in the sun) and set us up for the night.  It's 102 degrees outside.  Man, it's hot!!  I hope we are not staying here long.
This park is set up for snow birds.  It has 2 pools, spa, 8 pool tables, ping pong, kitchen, weight room, laundry & a library.  But the place is flat and barren.
I bet there are around 300 hundred RV and Park model sites.  That's a lot of people, barking dogs and kids of all ages!!  Nope!!  No thank you!!

Aug 27, 2018
Well, last night was not completely quiet.  A lot of people outside talking until early, early in the morning.  But they finally went to bed.  A lot of dogs barking this morning as people went to work or left.
Dad was talking to a neighbor and he also said he was disappointed about the electric in this park.  He said he could smell electric burning.  Dad and I smelled it too.  We all think the vapor street lights draw to much voltage for the little gauge wire they used.
Anyway, we left this morning as soon as we could.  210 miles later we pulled into Grande Vista RV Park in Wilcox Arizona.

As the day went on I could feel dad fighting the head wind.  No wonder his knuckles are white.
This place has the fastest internet ever!!!  90 Mbps!!!  That's fast.  The place is clean and at a good price, too.  But later this winter, this place will get full quickly with a lot of snowbirds.
Aug 26, 2018
We left Bud's Place RV Park early in the morning.  Dad drove almost 200 miles to Western Sky RV park in Vado, New Mexico.  This place is between Las Cruses and El Paso.  It's cheap at $27.80 for 1 night with full hook-ups.  I keep telling him.  You get what you pay for!
We had to move because the first spot only had 100 volts of electricity.  The second spot was only a little better.  I hope this low electric doesn't break the AC.  It's hot outside.
Mom and dad need a shower but after checking out the showers they decided to shower inside Lily.  I'll spare you the details, but let's say it was dirty!!  I hope its quiet tonight.
Aug 24, 2018
We left White City RV this morning and went to Carlsbad Caverns.
They left me in the motor home.  I'm not sure I would like being in a big hole in the ground!  2 1/2 hours later and 3 1/3 mile later, they came home exhausted.  But they had smiles on their faces from ear to ear!  We ate lunch in the parking lot and then drove to Carlsbad, New Mexico.  Buds Place RV Park to be exact.  I guess we will spend the weekend here.  Here being another gravel parking lot with full hook-ups.  I doubt I'll see anything other than birds.  This place is filled with monthlies who are, most likely, construction workers or oil field workers.  This could be fun!!


Aug 23, 2018
The Fort Stockton campground was quiet until morning.  In the morning all the little yip yap dogs were out doing their morning routine.  Why ain't these dogs trained?  All they do is bark at everything!  So beneath cat behavior!
Anyway, we left going North and did good for awhile.  Then the road construction started and it was bad.  Really bad!!  I looked like a bobble head, laying on the bed!  I couldn't sleep either, with all the bouncing.  I didn't complain.  No one listens to me anyway.
Finally, we crossed into New Mexico.  The terrain went from Texas flat to barren mountains.  Some of these mountains look tall.  We stopped at White City RV Camp Ground, just outside of Carlsbad Caverns National Park.  This is a no nothing campground with full hook-ups 7 miles from the caverns.  There is no cable or air TV channels.  But the WiFi is pretty good right now.



Aug 22, 2018
We left beautiful Fredericksburg, Texas (with the two dozen or more deer) this morning.  We all had a great time with old friends and my 4 legged new friends.  I don't know why we have to leave.  But oh well......My vote doesn't count!!!

This west Texas road (I-10) was a little better than most of the roads we've been on.  A couple places needed some work.  Dad didn't bounce me around as much as he normally does.  But we drove all day (256 miles) against a head wind and finally arrived in Fort Stockton, TX for the night.
I'm on the veranda looking for new friends.




Comments

Popular Posts