Glacier to Illinois

GLACIER NATIONAL PARK TO ILLINOIS     (Newest comments are at the top)

Aug 2 - 5, 2018
Mom & dad dragged me to someplace called Fox Ridge State Park, south of Charleston Illinois.
I wasn't too sure of this place.  But the first day/night I saw lots of birds, lots of squirrels and a couple of funny looking dogs (humans call them deer).  I didn't see any foxes though!
Saturday they pulled me to church in Mattoon Illinois.  That was ok, because they left me out on the street with the AC running.  But after fellowship a dozen people came into my house.  At first it was cool!  But they just kept coming.  I got scared and hid from them!  I didn't know what they were going to do!!
Finally dad took us away and we went back to our campground.


Then after breakfast, dad yanked us down the road again!  This time we didn't bounce far down the road.  Dad's side of the family was having a family reunion inside Fox Ridge.  This time NOBODY bothered me.  I was able to sleep with the AC running while mom and dad did the family reunion thing.

Aug 1, 2018
The last couple of days mom and dad are being sneaky!  After I went to bed the other morning, I woke up in Graham Cave State Park in Missouri.  I looked out the window and there was only 1 other camper.


Also, while there was TV, there was no internet and very spotty phone service. There were birds, squirrels and a few deer in the park.  I tried to make friends but no one came to the door.  Dad even put out food for them.  I just don't understand!!
Mom and dad did go to the the name sake "cave".  What a joke!!  It maybe hard to tell from the pictures but this was not a cave.  It is just an indentation in the creek bank.  It would have been nice if they told us it collapsed years ago.




There was a garter snake on the trail.  Mom wanted to pick it up.  Dad just took a picture.  I came this close to having a slippery little brother.


Dad drove all morning and sometime after lunch he stopped at Cedarbrook RV Park & campground.
This park has all the basic's.  Electric, water, sewer & Internet (although the internet was weak).  It's a good thing we have AC.  Dad parked us in the sun!!  Well, it's only for one night.

July 30, 2018
We left this morning after talking to John & Edna (the park owners).  We wanted to tell them how great their park was.  I didn't want to be rude, but I was tired.  I was up all night, protecting!!
So, after John left I went to bed.  When I woke up we were in Country Garden RV Park in Odessa Missouri.  It appears to be a nice park, except for the Harley bikers next door.

They are drinking and talking very loud.  They kept starting their loud bikes and revving the engines up.  I just don't understand.  These are grown men and they still haven't learned how to be considerate.
Mom was so busy she forgot to feed me.  I almost died!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Finally dad listened to me and asked the park owners to throw the loud bikers out.  She refused, but did let dad move to another spot.  It's quiet now!!


July 29, 2018
We left this fantastic campground around 10 am.  I wasn't doing anything anyway.  We traveled east to Lincoln Nebraska where mom & dad stopped and did some shopping at Costco and Walmart.  They ate lunch in the Walmart parking lot, but nobody asked me if I was hungry!
This Nebraska highway is the roughest highway dad has ever driven on.  It was bumpy for miles and miles!!  Think the "bobble head on dash board", and that's how I felt.
Anyway, I have to say thanks to dad.  He saved our lives!!  A truck passed us and then drove into our lane BEFORE he cleared us. It's a good thing dad drove on to the shoulder, we could have died.
Well, we did make it to a lovely wooded campground called Rock Port RiversEdge Campground in Rock Port Missouri.  With all this grass and trees I should have lots of fun tonight.



July 28, 2018
Mom & dad left me alone and went to my fishing hole.


While there they decided to scare all the fish by taking a ride on a paddle boat.  Here's a picture of mom leaving dad on the dock.  Sooooooo funny!!!



July 27, 2018
After the rain storm and someone stealing my lake, I was glad to leave.  Dad only drove for a few hours and we stopped at Prairie Oasis Campground & Cabins, in Henderson Nebraska.  We were the only ones present when we arrived.  I saw birds and a small chipmunk.  We will stay here two days (we do not travel on the sabbath).  I think I will have fun!!! 
The owners are really nice.  They have a small pond here.  Maybe I'll go fishing later.


July 26, 2018
Last night I was busy protecting mommy.  Right after sundown, I heard wild dogs calling me.  You human people call them coyotes.  I just sat on the dash board and kept watch.  I never answered their calls.  I also had to chase away a black cat.  I don't need any more bad luck!!
As soon as mom and dad started packing Lily for transport, I went to bed.  Actually, I went and hid behind the pillows on the bed.  It was early in the morning.  I don't understand them.
Dad drove for what seemed all day long.  It actually was just 4 or so hours.  Then we stopped at this pretty cool campground named Blue Heron Campground in Gothenburg, Nebraska.
With a name like Blue Heron, I should have lots of fun tonight chasing fish & smelling birds!!!  We are also very close to the Platte River.
 These look like cottonwood trees.  They give me lots of shade.
As soon as dad was done hooking up Lily, I took my proper place on the front veranda.
Just as we were sitting down to dinner, a major thunderstorm came through.  The house was under attack from someone dropping pea size hail on us.  It lasted a long time and was very loud inside.  I didn't like it.  The only good thing about the storm is we now have a lake front property.  I'll bet the fish in this lake is fresh!!!
What black magic, evil plot is this?!  I woke up in the morning and our lake side property was gone?

July 25, 2018
Today was a good day.  Well, it started out as a good day.  I thought we were going to stay in the KOA another day.  But I was wrong.  Mommy was just on the phone doing client stuff.  After she hung up, dad took off down the road.  I went back to bed!  After several hours of bouncing around (160 miles or so) dad finally pulled into this Meadow Motel & RV Campground.  It looks like this campground will be another hidden gem.  Ronda the owner is really nice.
There is this huge field of green stuff across the street.  I do not know what it is.  I wonder if it is edible?
It's raining right now.  I hope it doesn't get stormy tonight.

July 24, 2018
I don't know what mom & dad are thinking.  We've been everywhere and no-where, all at the same time.
First of all, we had to stay another day at Grandview Campground.  It turns out that mom's drug dealer (or pharmacist) had 2 day expressed her medicine to the campground.  But the post office failed to deliver the medicine and we had to stay another day.  The host here is nice but this campground has the worst Wi-Fi ever!!!!
Then on July 23rd they took me off the grid without asking me.  We stayed at Southfork Federal Campground.  This place is only 9 rv spots, 5 tent spots and 16 miles West of Buffalo Wyoming and up in the mountains.  It's at 7,300 feet.  I like it here!  The creek behind us was very loud, but yet it was soothing.  I hope later to find out what kind of fish are in this South Clear Creek.  Also, there are chipmunks that play here.  Maybe they will let me play along?






It got really cold last night.  So I slept on top of dad all night.
We left sometime in the morning and drove for a real long time.  We made a short stop in the Ayers Natural Bridge, north of Douglas Wyoming.  Mom and dad got out and walked around.  It was to hot for me so I stayed inside Lily.


Finally, mom and dad settled down for the night at the Douglas KOA.  We've been here before.  There was a pesky rabbit I tried to catch last time.  Maybe I'll find him this time.
There has been threats of thunder storms.  I hope they go away!

July 20. 2018
We left this campground with the pond and river bound for "who knows where"?  Of course I went back to bed.  We stopped in Billings at a Natural Grocers for food.  Then we stopped at an Albertsons Food store.  Like we didn't get enough at the first place!  Dad finally stopped on the side of the road for lunch, even though I wasn't hungry.  Oh well. Sigh.

I heard later that they stopped at the River Front Park in Billings.  (Mom's sister told us about this park)  It's a very beautiful park with lots of Canadian Geese.  I mean lots of geese, everywhere!!!

Dad said when he went to leave he was attacked by all the geese.
I'm not talking to dad anymore.  All these geese and he didn't wake me up.  I'm mad!!

An hour or so later, mom said we were home.  We are inside Grandview Campground in Hardin, Montana.  We will spend the weekend here and go to church tomorrow.
Here is our campsite.  I like being by the tree.  I hope there are birds in the tree tonight!



July 19, 2018
Dad left the windows open last night.  What was he thinking?  It got cold!!  I tried to snuggle-up with them but all they did was sleep.  Then around 4 am dad started that nasty ol' heater thing. I don't like that thing.
Well, mom and dad are at it again.  They started packing up the house to move.  I'm outta here.  I'm going to bed.  After several hours they stopped again.  This time they said we are home, at Spring Creek Campground & Trout Ranch.  I'm like, "What!?"
 Then I looked out the front windshield.
 When I really looked around I saw two ponds.
In these two ponds are FISH!!!  BIG FISH!!!  I like it here.
 

I also saw my first bear.  He's not so scary!  I don't know what the fuss is about.


July 18, 2018
I think dad is getting old.  He doesn't drive as long as he used to.  He only drove a little over 100 miles today.  But they did stop in Helena Montana, for Costco gas and Walmart food.  We also ate lunch in the Walmart parking lot.  That was fun, watching all the Walmart people.
A little while later we stopped at the Alhambra RV Park in Clancy, Montana.  A super nice place with a super host named Sue.  She petted me and she smells good!!
Dad parked us next to a creek filled with fish, Sue said, so I have to figure out a way to go fishing tonight.
 This is my view of the creek out the dining room window.



July 17, 2018
Today we finally left Apgar Campground in Glacier National Park.  It was several miles before I had telephone service.  But even that was spotty.
We stopped after lunch at Choteau Moutain View Campground.  A new campground with many young trees.  Very nice owners.  Dad found the biggest tree and parked next to it.  I thought he'd hit it.

Everybody needed a shower!





Comments

Popular Posts