June & July 2022

June 1st, 2022

 Here it is June 1st and we are already in Kentucky.  We stopped at Lake Cumberland RV Park,


27 miles over the border.  But the way dad drove ... 8% down grade with switchbacks!!!  I'm surprised we made it.   I'll have to have a talk with mom!!  She is the navigator.

We are 2,000 feet away from the Cumberland River.  I can smell fish!!!

June 2nd, 2022 

Here we are due West of Cincinnati at the Indiana/Ohio state line at Indian Springs RV Park.  I've been fishing here before in Aug 2018 when I took mom and dad to both the Creation Museum and the Ark Encounter.

This place has a huge lake so I can go fishing again.

We had some beggars come to the door tonight.


3 of the cutest ducks you've ever seen.

June 3rd, 2022

Today was a great day!!  Dad took us away from Cincinnati and drove all secondary roads up to Decatur, Indiana.  (I don't like the expressways, to many loud trucks) We passed through lots and lots of small towns. This part of the country truly is beautiful!  

We arrived at the REV Group parking lot,



checked in and were assigned a parking spot.  REV Group supplies free electricity and a free dump station just down the road.  All this is for free if your getting work done.  Also, they have a day room and free laundry.  WOW!!!  Yes it is a paved parking lot, but it is free!!!

They went to the store, but didn't get me any fish! :(  But they did see where the Amish park their buggies, and horses, when they go to the store.  That's pretty cool.


 June 5th, 2022

Today I was not allowed to sleep in!!  Mom and dad decided to pack up Lily (the motor home) and take it to the dump station.  It was right down the street and part of the REV Group so it didn't take long.  After that I went back to bed while they took a drive.  They went 16 miles outside of town to see a grain silo painted like a Minion!  I like the Minions, they are funny!!!

June 6th, 2022

Today, I moved into a Quality Choice Motel.  I did not like this idea and told my mommy very loudly.  She ignored me!!!  Mom and dad were with me but I did not like this place.  They gave me my own queen size bed but I did not like this room.  After several hours of complaining, I went to bed.


June 7th, 2022

At 6 am this morning,  the REV Group took my home into their shop for some much needed repairs.  Here are the results:  The sagging kitchen slide out is working perfectly.  The kitchen cabinetry was installed wrong at the factory (hence the sagging) and we are WAY out of warranty, The bed is sliding on the floor because it to was installed wrong.  It will cost at least a thousand dollars to take the bed completely apart and fix the sagging wood work.  The tech suggested dad trim the bottom off of the bedroom cabinet to get the same result, The tech fixed the front door and replaced the worn out weather trim and he replaced weather seals around the slide outs as needed.  All in all he did good!  It cost less than $500 and took less than 1 day.

It's 4pm and I am back in MY HOUSE where I belong!! 

June 9th, 2022

We left at our normal time, (10am) stopped at the dump station and then dad took a country road for the next 240 miles.  We traveled all the way across Indiana and into Illinois.  We finally stopped at Hickory Hill Campground just East of Peoria, Illinois.  Most of the roads were pretty good.  The country roads in Illinois are bumpy.  The scenery is just lovely in the rural parts of Indiana/Illinois.  This place is nice, but there is a barking dog next door.  I might have to go next door and talk to him about his barking.  I'm bigger than him!


June 10th, 2022

Dad took us 161 miles, in the rain, to West Liberty, IA where we finally stopped at Little Bear Campground.  This place is only open April thru October.  But it is very lovely!!!  Lots of trees, green grass and birds.  The birds are singing all day!

June 12th, 2022

Today was a long 163 mile day.  I slept all the way.  When I got up, we were inside Beaver Lake Campground.  Dad really blew it on this campground.  30 amp only, 20 PSI of water and NO sewer.  Plus, there was 3 homeless campers in the park.  They were loud and drinking at night.  I'm glad we only stayed 1 night.

June 13th, 2022

Today, dad drove us to Ashland RV Park.  This is a newer park with concrete roads & pads, but no sewer.

June 14th, 2022

This morning after my egg yoke breakfast, mom packed me into my carrier and dad bounced us westward down I-80.  Today was different than most days.  It was 21 MPH winds with gusts over 40 MPH hitting us broadside.  Dad had white knuckles for over an hour until he drove out of the winds.  I was sure we would get blown over and mommy would get hurt!!!  I prayed.


Now we are in a gravel parking lot called 4 Seasons Campground.  But at least we have full hook-ups.  It's also cheaper than most campgrounds.  Plus, we are staying a whole week!!

June 16th, 2022

Today, after breakfast, I was left all alone.  I was not invited to the Heartland Museum of Military Vehicles.  Dad said there were lots of Jeeps, Trucks, Motorcycles, Tanks, Armored Personnel Carriers, and even a couple of Helicopters.  Many uniforms from different era's were on display too.  The gift shop had hats, pins, flags and other stuff.

Dad said all the branches were displayed and it was very well done.

June 18th, 2022

Today I got the whole bed to myself!  Mom and dad went to church.  It was a very nice church in Holdrege.  Even tho the congregation was small today, they were very friendly.

On the way home a farmer had put a replica of a bear in his hay field.  It was cute.

June 21th, 2022

Today we moved from 4 Seasons Campground 164 miles West to Oregon Trail Trading Post Campground in Lewellen, NE.  This is a very small campground with lots of shade trees (birds!!) and grass.  I like it here.

June 22nd, 2022

Western Nebraska roads are surprisingly smooth.  Dad drives, I sleep under the covers and mom navigates.  It's a plan I approved!!  Today we left the 12 site campground and went 143 miles North to Chadron, NE.  We stopped at Eagles Rest RV.  It's an older campground with full hook-up, but appears to be nice.  Very fast WiFi.

Speaking of oddities, 37 miles south of Chadron, Nebraska (in the middle of nothing) we saw this sign for the first time ever:

(for the answer, go here)

June 26th, 2022

Moved again!!  We moved 1 hour (59 miles) North to some friends house.  Craig & Colleen.  She smells good just like mommy!!  We went through a small town called Oelrich, SD.  There was a historical site called the South Dakota Centennial project to celebrate the Oelrich family. 


Anyway, I slept the whole way there, but when I woke up we were in their driveway.  We will be here visiting them for over a week.


June 27th, 2022

This is our view facing east:

July 6th, 2022

We've been having afternoon rain storms.  I don't like these storms.  The rain is loud on the fiberglass roof.  But the double rainbow it produced is awesome!!!


July 8th, 2022

After 12 wonderful days of being parking in a friends driveway with fantastic views, dad moved us.  😠

We bounced 180 miles to Deer Creek Village in Glenrock, WY.  (just east of Casper, WY)  I remember this place!  We've been here before!  We will be here 9 days.  Dad says the sites are long and big, with lots of grass.  Maybe we'll see deer, turkey and a few squirrels.  😀

Mom went for a walk around the RV park and through the Glenrock Town Park. (which is right next door)  Here's what she saw:

July 15th, 2022

Mom has been walking a lot!  There is an old railroad track that was converted to a walking path that goes through the Glenrock Town Park.  Glenrock has been upgrading the area along the walkway, and there is a pretty cool exhibit of petrified wood.  Here's what it looks like.



July 17th, 2022

Today we were rudely woken up by the dogs next door barking.  Sigh!  Then, without asking me, my humoons packed up the house and we bounced up the road for 3 hours.  We finally stopped in Sheridan Wyoming at a cute little rv park called Peter D's RV Park.  It's 103 and the air conditioning is barely keeping up.  But it's better than Phoenix!!!


I'll have a great view facing NNE every morning.

When there is not a stupid looking dog in the way!

July 23rd, 2022

As I'm sitting here on the veranda, looking out over the horizon eating my breakfast of egg yokes, I noticed my view is blocked by these weird looking dogs!

July 24th, 2022

Today we said goodbye to all the horses, cows, deer, rabbits and everybody else.  Dad then bounced us across Wyoming into South Dakota.  We finally stopped at the Spearfish KOA.  We don't normally stay at KOA's but we had been driving for 200 miles.  Because Sturgis is in a couple of weeks, the KOA raised their prices.  At $70 for 1 night, this is the most we have ever paid.  I think dad is losing it!!!!  It's a nice campground, but not that nice.

July 25th, 2022

We traveled another 225 miles east.  We stopped in Kennebec KOA.  Not as expensive as Spearfish, but still expensive for "in the middle of no-where". 

July 26th, 2022

Dad drove us about 4 hours today.  We finally stopped South of  Sioux Falls at an older campground barely operating called the Countryside Campground and Motel.  Once upon a time this was a great campground, but now it is only good for a quick overnight stay.  Too many long term residents make the place look junky, for the high nightly cost!!

July 27th, 2022

I have no idea what my dad is up to.  Better yet, why is mom letting him?  After I ate my breakfast we moved again. It was kinda cool this morning, but still.  We finally stopped at I-29 HWY 34 Campground.  It's kinda of close to the highway, but in the middle of a corn field.  There are lots of birds and cicada's singing.  I like that!!!

July 28th, 2022

Oh man, was today a long day of moving!  First we left before I could eat my breakfast of egg yokes.  Then dad bought diesel at $4.89 per gallon.  Then, I cowered in bed while dad cruised down the road as he slid through a rain storm in St Joseph, MO.  Just when I thought the worst was over, a funeral procession pulled out in front of us on I-70.  MO law is you must yield to a funeral procession, so dad LOCKED up the brakes and laid on the air horn.  Luckily, we didn't add any bodies to the funeral.  Finally, when I had had enough, dad stopped at The Great Escape RV Park.

It appears to be a nice park with a fishing pond out back.  Maybe tonight I'll slip out and go fishing.

July 29th, 2022

Today we moved to Jonesburg, Mo.  Just outside of St Louis, Mo.  This is a much older campgrounds.  The sites a little smaller, but dad made it work.  They have birds, squirrels, and chickens here.  There is also two ponds I can go fishing at later.  YIPPIE!!!!

 July 31st, 2022

Today was a short day, only 134 miles.  The Illinois highways are not smooth, but dad got us to Archway RV Park in Mount Vernon, IL.  This is an older park with slow WiFi, very few OTA TV channels and stupid dogs.



Click here to view all the pictures taken in June & July 2022



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts