April & May 2022

 

 April 1st, 2022

Against my better judgement, mom and dad packed up Lilly 2 and headed east today.  We stopped just up the road at Xpress Fuel and Truck Stop.  After dad signed for a small loan we got diesel at $4.93 per gal.  We finally stopped in Bowie, AZ.  Dwayne's Mountain View RV Park is a gravel parking lot with RV pedestals for $21.22 per night.  We parked at 2:30 pm and the park was full by 5 pm.  Didn't hook up to the WiFi and dad received no OTA tv.

 

If you need proof that dad can't drive, here ya go!  Dad drove over a tumble weed bigger than my cat house! sigh!!!!


 

April 3rd, 2022

We left Arizona and after a 3 hour drive or 170 miles, we finally stopped in Las Cruces new Mexico.  We are inside Sunny Acres RV Park.  At $45 a day, this park is expensive.  However, it has lots of trees and bunny rabbits!


April 5th, 2022

Late this morning, as I heard the roar of the engine come to life, I once again feared for my mommy's life!  Dad took us over the mountain top but he stopped us 68 miles later in Alamogordo, New Mexico.  Mom said we are here for 1 whole week!  My life has been spared again.  We are inside White Sands Manufactured Home and RV Community.  It's a large place.

 This place is a less expensive at $35 per day.  Dad said he was stationed at Holloman AFB just west of Alamogordo back in 1979.  I didn't even know there was a thing called 1979.  I'm only 11 years old!

April 7th, 2022

Today I was left all alone while mom and dad went to White Sands National Park (about 15 miles southwest of Alamogordo).

Or what I call a giant litter box!!!

Mom said she was absolutely in awe of this giant litter box.  She said the sand was as soft as me.  Also, some of these dunes can become 60 feet tall and move 35 feet per year.  Pretty slow to me.

Here is dash cam video of them driving half of the 8 mile loop:  https://youtu.be/ZemNtYyIxCI

April 8th, 2022

 After I finally got my egg yokes from dad, they left me alone so I could get some sleep.   I heard later, they had gone to PistachioLand and then up to Cloudcroft, NM just so they could play in the snow.  I don't know what I'm going to do with those two.



This patch of snow was at 8480 feet of elevation and it was 49 degrees outside.   This was not the only patch of snow on the mountainside.

The green trees covered the mountainside like a green velvet blanket.  Nestled within the forest was a restored 1899 Mexican Train Trestle.

April 12th, 2022

Today my dad did a pretty good job of driving.  When we left Alamogordo there was 20+ to 30+ MPH Westerly winds.  As we drove through the Sierra Blanca Mountain passes (6,920 feet) the wind was in excess of 40 MPH and gusting above 60 MPH.  I don’t know how dad kept all 6 tires on the ground!

I wish I knew how to use a phone.  After we went through Ruidoso there was a fire.  I'm not saying dad did it, I’m just saying!!!

After we arrived in Roswell at the Trailer Village RV Park the winds were still very strong, 35 MPH wind gusting to 50+ MPH.  Roswell, NM in known for the 1947 finding of a “flying disc” or “flying saucer”.  I hope I don’t get probed while we are here.


 April 13th, 2022

Today was another day of 20+ MPH winds, so I talked mom into staying home.

April 14th, 2022

April 15th, 2022

 Today I was left alone in MY bed!  They went off in search of an old 1950's Missile site.  They found the Nike Missile Site W-50 about 30 minutes south of town.  Project Nike (Greek: Νίκη, "Victory", pronounced [nǐːkɛː]) was a U.S. Army project, proposed in May 1945 by Bell Laboratories, to develop a line-of-sight anti-aircraft missile system. The project delivered the United States' first operational anti-aircraft missile system, the Nike Ajax, in 1953. A great number of the technologies and rocket systems used for developing the Nike Ajax were re-used for a number of functions, many of which were given the "Nike" name (after Nike, the goddess of victory from Greek mythology). The missile's first-stage solid rocket booster became the basis for many types of rocket including the Nike Hercules missile and NASA's Nike Smoke rocket, used for upper-atmosphere research.

This is what the missiles looked like in the glory days: 
Dad took mom out for dinner.  You'd think that he's sweet.  But NO!!!!!  He was dropped on his head as a kid.  I'm sure of it!!!  He took her to a Mexican Chinese buffet restaurant called Margarita's.  Mom said she liked it!!!


April 17th, 2022

After breakfast I took a nap.  My hoomans went to the Bottomless Lake State Park.   I don't do swimming!!

April 19th, 2022

Dad moved us over 133 miles on some very bumpy roads.  I don't like bumpy roads.  The roads got a lot better once we got into Texas.  


 

Dad finally stopped at Brownfield, TX inside the Brownfield RV Park.  It's a nice park but it only has water and electric.  No sewer, only a dump station.  It's also completely free!!  They do take donations.  We'll only be here two days.

April 20th, 2022

After I was finally served my egg yokes, I went to bed.  Mom & dad went to a "Jesus Tomb Replica" just outside of town.  It was very nice!

April 21, 2022

I liked today.  We only moved about 45 miles south to another free city park called M.S. Doss City Park in Seminole, TX.  It has full hook-ups and it's free so we'll stay here 3 days.  I should see lots of birds!!!

April 24th, 2022

After enduring another night of a juvenile car show of loud music and loud mufflers, I'm glad dad moved us.  I didn't have to hide for long.  It was only a 45 mile trip on a pretty smooth road.  Altho, dad had some gusty winds to deal with.  But now we are in Lamesa Texas at the Rodeo RV Park.  This is another free city park offering water and electric only.  I love all the trees and grass.  That means birds and squirrels live here!!

April 25th, 2022

Whats up with dad?  Has he lost his mind?  He moved us 200 miles from 97 degree days to 60 degree days and the winds just keep blowing.  I was just getting used to sleeping with the windows open and now I need a fur coat!  Sigh..  Technically, we are still in the panhandle.

Anyway, I like where we stopped.  The Wild Country RV.  There are lots of trees, grass and no racing cars!!

April 27th, 2022

Under normal conditions my mom feeds me very well.  She has researched all the different cat foods and has decided, these are the best for me.  There are no ingredients that would be harmful for me.  They also taste good!

This is my feeding station.  Notice I use a place mat.  No need to be a pig about eating!

But this morning, I wanted my egg yoke up on the veranda (dash).   It's good for my shiny coat!!

April 27th, 2022

Today was a hard day of driving for daddy.  Not only did he do 200 miles, he did it through the middle of Fort Worth and Dallas!!  I'm proud of him.  He didn't hit anyone or blow his horn at anyone.  He finally pulled us into Rockin Sunset RV Park, in Terrell Texas.   (just east of Dallas)

They have a 7 acre lake here.  I'm going fishin tonight!!!

April 28th, 2022

After breakfast, my hoomans left me alone to go shopping.  I took the opportunity to go down to the lake and make some friends.

April 29th, 2022

In east Texas, Mom LOVED the wildflowers along I-20.  Here is a short video of what she saw:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOq_HDOmnZQ

We finally crossed into Louisiana.  First time for me!!!


Dad pulled into a campground West of Shreveport called Cinnamon Creek RV.  I can't find no creek here and I've looked!!!

Mom says we are only here 2 days.  It's humid here.  I'm concerned what the humidity is going to do to my fur coat.
This is not a good look for me!!!!

May 1st, 2022

Well, dad went and did it.  We done crossed the Mississippi River!  I've never been in Mississippi before.  It's HOT and HUMID here!!!!!  We are at Clear Creek RV Park in Vicksburg MS.


May 2nd, 2022

We moved again.  Whats up with dad?  Does he get paid by the mile?  It's hot and humid here at Bonita Lakes RV Park.  I'm not even sure I'll go fishing tonight!


May 5th, 2022

It's suppose to rain buckets on May 6th so I talked dad into driving all the way to Shadowlands RV Park.  It was a long drive and we went through a couple of big cities, (Birmingham & Chattanooga) and some major road construction but somehow we got there.  (the roads in Northern Alabama are yuck!)  I might really like this place.  There are many feral cats and lots of free range chickens & bunnies to play with.


We are going to be here 11 days.  Yippie!!!!  Dad will have the pleasure of finding free range eggs to feed me every morning.  Life is good!!

May 8th, 2022

I invited some friends over to the house.  Mom wouldn't let them in!!

May 30th, 2022

Mom loves to go for walks (except when it's raining.....ME TOO!).  She was talking about all the little lakes she can see here on her walks, so she took pictures.  Here are a couple.



May 31st, 2022

Did everyone enjoy the Memorial Day weekend?  I hope you said a little prayer for all the families of the heroes who didn't make it home!!

Mom and dad have been busy little bees, getting the motor-home ready to leave.  I liked it here!!

 

Thomas & Raquel came by to say goodbye and wish us a good trip.  He's tall and she smells good like mommy.

Click here for all the pictures we took in April & May 2022





Comments

Popular Posts