Oct 2021

 

Oct 1st, 2021

 I wanted to play this morning, but I was all alone.  Mom and dad left me to go to a small but beautiful national monument called Cedar Breaks.  It's a lot like Bryce National Monument only not as big.  

 
On the drive there and back the fall colors were turning.  Just beautiful.

Click here to see all the pictures of Cedar Breaks National Monument.

Oct 4th, 2021

 Today was an exciting day!  As mom and dad were getting ready to pack up the RV Propane Alarm went off.  This was the first time this alarm ever went off.  It sounds like a smoke detector.  I don't like smoke detectors!!!  Dad reset it and it never went off again.  It was just one of those glitches that make no sense!!

At 10:30 am they left Paradise RV and traveled to Country Rose RV in Fredonia, AZ.  All 78 miles of the trip, took 1 1/2 hours.  I slept all the way.

The hosts here are really nice.  They parked us against the fence in the over-flow parking.  This place is all full up!!!

Oct 6th, 2021

Today I got my bed back while my hoomans left me.  They went sightseeing to Lees Ferry and visited the Navajo Bridge Interpretive Center


On the way to Lees Ferry they passed-by the Vermilion Cliffs.  The weather for the last day or so was very bad with lots of rain, so the clouds were very low.  They ate lunch near Lees Ferry at Marble Canyon Lodge

Oct 7th, 2021

I wasn't very hungry this morning.  I refused the egg yokes I was offered.  Got to keep my hoomans confused!!

They left me alone again.  They went to Buckskin Gulch Trailhead.  They walked about a mile.  Not to far.  It was muddy!!

The road off the highway to the trailhead was primitive.  The did not get stuck because they have a Jeep!!  I think dad had fun because the jeep was all dirty after going through the slick muddy wash.


Mom loved all the colors.  She also tried to bring home a pet for me.  Daddy said NO!!!


Oct 11th, 2021

I'm getting used to all this moving around.  But I still don't like it!!  Today we moved about an hour to St George, Utah.  Dad stopped us in Zion Gate RV Resort for 2 days.  The sites are slightly unlevel and there is NO internet.  Dad is loosing it!!

Dad needed to put 4 new tires on the Jeep.  So they went to Costco.  They said they will fill up the pantry and then move on.

Oct 13th, 2021

 Again, I had to endure another long day as dad drove us down the highway.  We left St George en-route to Pahrump Station RV Park.  However, while driving through Las Vegas several people tried to play bumper cars with dad.  He was not happy.  These people are crazy!!!!  After 200 miles and several close calls we made it.  Somehow! 


This appears to be a nice park behind the Best Western.  Mom said we will be here for a week.  She said they are scouting out new places to spend the winter.  At 2,750 feet, the weather is great.  The Wi-Fi is good here!  The only bad thing is the state of Nevada is Democratic.

Oct 17th, 2021

Today, was a good day.  I talked daddy into playing with me.  Click here to watch the YouTube video.

Oct 20th, 2021

 After 170 miles of up, down and around the mountains I am back into Arizona.  You know I was born here!!!  Way back in Sep 2010.

Dad finally stopped bouncing us at the Crossroad RV Park in Mohave Valley, Arizona.  We are in between Bullhead City and Needles California.  Dad is looking at this place for a possible place to spend the winter.

So far, it passes all the tests.

Oct 26th, 2021

Today they went for a drive to the north through the town of Oatman up the Arizona Sidewinder part of Route 66 -- 191 turns in 8 miles.  Wow....good thing dad didn't drive Lily through it...it was VERY narrow.  Along the way, near the top of the pass, was a memorial lookout (you can see the pictures in the Oatman link).

After stopping at a gift shop at the top, they came back down Route 66 into the town of Oatman, Arizona.  It's a tourist trap of a town with wild burros running around throughout the town.

Here's dad standing with one of his relatives.


They ate lunch at the Oatman Hotel restaurant.  It had dollars all over the walls and ceiling!  Wonder how many there are?

On the way out of town they ran into a donkey jam: https://youtu.be/75WSlKGMa7I

Click here for all the pictures in Oatman, Arizona

 Oct 27th, 2021

We moved again.  This time a short distance up to Kingman.  We stopped at the Sunrise RV Park.  A very clean RV park in the middle of Kingman, Arizona with basic WiFi.

Oct 28th, 2021

I am so mad!!!  Dad didn't have eggs for breakfast, so I didn't get any egg yolks for MY breakfast!!  Then they left to go have lunch with a friend from church, Jean Powers.  I like her!!  She smells Good.

Oct 29th, 2021

Today I'm sick.  Not only sick and tired of moving, but sick from all the bouncing I have done.  I-40 from Kingman to Ash Fork had the most pot holes of any highway dad took us on.  He purposely hit every pot hole he could!  I know he did!  Because it made me look like a bobble head!  I know he was laughing at me.  But finally he stopped the torture and parked Lily behind our favorite church in Chino Valley.  We will be here for a whole month visiting friends and seeing doctors.  Them, not me.  I'm perfect!!!!





 Click here to see all the October pictures

Click here to see all the pictures of Cedar Breaks National Monument.





Comments

Popular Posts