Aug & Sep 2021

 Aug 11th, 2021

After 2 1/2 months of being in Rapid City South Dakota we moved.  We met several NEW friends at either the campground or from church.  I hope to visit with them again.

We traveled 152 miles south into Wyoming.  For whatever reason we stopped in Lusk, Wyoming.  We are staying in BJ's Campground.  A very cute but small campground of 25 sites.  Full hook-ups including cable TV and great WiFi for $38.50.

Aug 12th, 2021

Dad bounced us down another patch work highway again this morning.  Highway 18 is a 2 lane bi-way filled with patchwork repairs.  I bounced the whole way.  I was so embarrassed!  I looked and felt like a bobble-head doggie.  How degrading!!!  But we finally arrived at Deer Creek Village in Glenrock, Wyoming.  This place is 30 minutes East of Casper Wyoming.  Right on the North Platte River.  Maybe I'll go fishing later.



This site is HUGE!!  It has full hook-ups and super great WiFi!!!  I hope we stay here for two weeks.  The new owners are doing a lot of upgrades and adding many new sites.
Aug 13th, 2021

I made a new friend this morning.  He is in the tree just behind our rig.  I can talk to him from my window!!!


Aug 16th, 2021

Today they left me alone so I could sleep.  Then, about lunch time, my humans came home with a gift for me. And it's not even my birthday!!   It's  a two story condo just for me.  Now I can look out two windows without even moving.  Maybe my humans ain't so bad after all.



Aug 21st, 2021

Today I was left all alone, AGAIN!!!!  Mom and dad went to an outdoor church service at the Ayres Natural Bridge Park


The church service was outstanding.  The grounds of the park were immaculately well taken care of.  The swimming hole on the LaPrele Creek was closed due to rock slides from above rock formations.

Aug 23rd, 2021

Mom and dad went to the Casper Air and Space Museum.  But there was nothing there!

Aug 25th, 2021
A long, long time ago a lady named Beth stayed at our house.  She was nice!  Today mom and dad picked here up and went to Casper Mountain.

 While on the top of the mountain, they stopped at the Crimson Museum.  Sadly it was closed.

Tonight at dusk, at the end of the RV park (near the Platte River) we saw a beautiful dog with a white butt!! (6 point deer)


Aug 26th, 2021
Today it was another moving day.  The first half of the 150 miles from Casper to Rawlins was hot and dry.  After lunch, dad had to drive through a passing thunderstorm.  Rain, wind and lighting made me scared so I went and hid under the covers.  But somehow dad drove through it all and we survived.  We made it to Western Hill RV Park


It's a nice gravel parking lot with RV pedestals but it does have great WiFi.  50 Mbps during the day.  Once we got here the wind really picked up and shook Lily and us hard until bed time.   I think dad saw the Clampetts RV.


Aug 27th, 2021

After breakfast I was allowed to sleep while my humans left.  They stopped and looked at a car for sale.  Weird, just weird!!!


Then they stopped at the Wyoming Frontier Prison for a tour of the place.


Mom said she really enjoyed the tour!!!  Dad wonder's if he should be worried!

Aug 29th, 2021

My humans woke up early today.  Then, at 9 am we hooked up the Jeep and off we went.  Thankfully we stopped at Flying J and got gas. Then 200 miles later we stopped at Foothills Mobile Home Park and RV Park


This is a huge grassy/gravel RV park with approximately 60 + sites.  Daddy has no TV channels but mommy has good WiFi.  Very little shade but lots of Magpie birds for me to play with.

Aug 30th, 2021

 After a pretty fitful night listening to the neighbors dogs bark all night, mom and dad left me alone so I could get some sleep.  They went out sight seeing and stopped at the very first J.C. Penney store considered the mother store. 

When they came home they woke me up.  Sigh!!

After lunch I thought I would be allowed to sleep.   But NO!  Dad let a bunch of flies in the motor home and told me to GET EM!!  Like I was a dog!!  Then they left.  It kept me busy all afternoon.

They went to Lake Viva Naughton.  Since I didn't go, I didn't get to see all the Pronghorns, Cows, Ducks, Geese, Pelicans and other sorted birds or fish.


Grebes swimming in the lake

Mom went on a walk after they got back.  There's a walking trail across the street from the RV Park. She even got to take a video of a muskrat swimming by!!  Now, why didn't she bring it home for me to play with?

Muskrat swimming by



 Aug 31st, 2021

We bounced up over mountains to arrive at Downey Idaho.  (small town south of Pocatello Idaho)  This place is called Marsh Valley RV Park and Storage.  It should have been sardine & trash rv park. 


This 10 site full hookup park made us feel very close to our neighbors.  Most of whom looked like they new the inside of a jail cell.

Sep 1st, 2021

I was very happy to hear dad say we are moving.  Dad found a rv park in Pocatello named Cowboy RV & Mobile home park.  This place is very very nice.  Pretty good shade, lots of TV stations and the WiFi is strong.  Dad said we'll be here a week.  YEAH!!!


Sep 5th, 2021

My hoomans went out driving today looking for land.  (they say they want to settle within 75 miles of Pocatello during the summer months)  They left after breakfast and drove North on I-15 and then came back South on the back roads around the Snake River.  Along the way they saw a series of small towns and a few large towns. It appears nothing struck their fancy.  After Lunch they drove south to Inkom looking for land.  This is another cute little town.  While there dad almost drove into a Golden Eagle.  It flew in front of the Jeep and landed at the base of an apple tree.  The Jeep scared him and flew off again in front of the Jeep.  He landed on a nearby  phone line.  What a gorgeous creature!!


While in town, dad did try and talk to a resident, but he/she didn't have much to say.

Sep 6th, 2021

Happy Labor Day!!!


Sep 7th, 2021

After I was fed my daily dose of egg yokes, I was allowed to sleep without my hoomans interrupting me.  They went to Lava Hot Springs (about 30 miles south) to soak in super hot water!  Yuk!!!  Sounds like bath water to me!!

This place was super cheap for a 1 time entry.  The water ranged from 102 degrees to 112 degrees.  The surrounding grounds were fantastically manicured.

mom is totally relaxed.

Sep 8th. 2021

We moved a whole 172 miles South to Coalville, Utah.  (east of Salt Lake City)  We are at Holiday Hills RV Park


This is a weird rv park.  Each site is a half squeezed semi circle.  This makes it very hard for a big rig to pull into the pull through site.  The WiFi comes and goes a lot and when it's here, it's not very good.  About 5 Mbps during the day and a few Kbps at night.  But there is a river near-by.  Maybe I can get out and do some fishing!

Sep 9th, 2021

Mom loves to walk.  At least 1 mile per day.  Today she walked past a very pretty valley. 


She also got to see a eagles nest.  But no eagles seen yet.

Sep 11th, 2021

Today mom and dad went to church at West Jordan Seventh-day Adventist Church, just south of Salt Lake City, Utah.  But instead of a normal church service, there was a traveling exhibit of the Tabernacle that Moses built for the Hebrew people as they traveled for 40 years in the desert in the parking lot.  The tour took over an hour and we learned a lot about the Tabernacle.  Here are some pictures we took: 

Here is a 1 hour 20 minute video tour of the Tabernacle off You Tube:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1zdQQUydls it is the same thing mom and dad saw.  It is a very educational video.

Sep 13th, 2021

Happy Birthday Daddy!!  My parents went out to dinner at Texas Roadhouse to celebrate daddy's B'day!  It looks like they had fun!!!!

Sep 15th, 2021

Today we moved another 175 miles south to Salina, Utah.  We are staying at a RV park we've stayed at before.   The Salina RV Park, owned and operated by Kevin Johnson.


It's very small (20 sites) and has FHU.  However, very little OTA TV and no Wi-Fi.  But we can pick up really good Wi-Fi from the motel next door.  So dad is happy!!

Sep 16th, 2021

After my egg yoke breakfast, I was allowed to sleep in my bed!  They went to the Redmond Real Salt CompanyThis salt is loaded with minerals and is actually good for you. Unlike cheap store bought salt , it hasn't been bleached , hasn't had iodine added to it and hasn't gone through other processes that make ordinary salt bad for you , so doesn't cause problems with high blood pressure the way other salts do.  You can buy it in many stores or on Amazon.

Sep 17th, 2021

 Today was a good day.  We moved 100 miles South to Paradise RV Park, in Panguitch Utah. 


This older, in much need of TLC, RV Park will be home for the next two weeks.  At $19.15 per day (including tax) makes this one of the cheapest places we've stayed.  This park has FHU and normal WiFi (good during day/weak at night) and some fantastic mountain views to keep mommie happy.

Sep 21st, 2021

This afternoon, I was left all alone while my parents went sightseeing in Bryce Canyon National Park. 

Click here to see all the pictures of Bryce Canyon National Park!!


Sep 22nd, 2021

I finally got my bed to sleep in while they went to Navajo Lake.  All the federal campgrounds are closed, but the Aspen trees were turning colors.  So beautiful!!


Sep 23rd, 2021

Today, mom and dad went cave hunting.  They went to Bowers Cave and to Duck Creek Ice Cave.  The entrance to Bowers Cave is straight down a 12 foot ladder. 


This cave was formed by lava flows and this cave showed evidence of  tectonic plate movement. 

Parts of the floor has been pushed up over time.  The Duck Creek Ice Cave entrance is 15 feet down

and is the size of 1 very large room. 

There was no ice on the floor.  However, it was chilly.  Climbing down and then back up (without a rope or ladder) proved quite challenging.

Sep 25th, 2021

Today, I learned we are not moving.  We are staying put in Panguitch, Utah for 1 more week.  (The daily price is that good!)  I'm glad.  I don't like it when we are moving.

Sep 27th, 2021

Today about 4 PM a major thunderstorm rolled in with lightening and huge raindrops.  We lost power.  I had to brave the noise to be next to mommie!  I don't want her to be scared during the power outage and rain storm.  Finally, the rain stopped but the power didn't come back on until 8 PM.  But I went to bed anyway.  Dad just watched TV.  He's no help!!!

Sep 29th, 2021

Every time my humans come home, they interrupt my nap.  I'm so tired of that!!



Click here to view all the pictures we have taken in Aug & Sep 2021

Click here to see all the pictures of Bryce Canyon National Park!!


Comments

Popular Posts