March & April 2021

 


Here are all the pictures we took in March and April 2021

 

 March 5th, 2021

Today I was fooled by them!!!  Mom and dad fed me breakfast of eggs yokes.  So, I thought we were staying put.  Then, late morning, without warning she started packing up Lily2 for moving.  I went to go hide inside my condo.  But luckily we only moved about 1 hour and stopped again.

We are in Fredericksburg Texas.  We will be here 17 days.  We have 25 dish channels and Wi-Fi that is good enough (2-3 Mbps).  The water pressure is a little low at 20psi.  There is a chipping range, putting green and free washer and dryer.  There is forest all around us.  I have already seen several squirrels.  Last time we were here I saw those funny dogs with huge white butts (deer).  I hope to make friends with them all this week.


March 7th, 2021

I lost my bed today.  Mom did laundry all day long.  Everything in the house got cleaned!  I'm lucky she didn't give me a bath.  Today I also learned we are not going to visit my peeps in Tennessee or visit the Ark Encounter.  I learned they are busy, so (without my consult) they are taking me North to visit friends in Kansas City, MO.  See the updated map above!!!

March 8th, 2021

Just another day laying in the sun enjoying my retirement!!

March 10th, 2021

I finally have proof that dad got his drivers license from a cracker jack box.

I'll need the phone number to PETA as soon as possible.

I told them to go sightseeing because I was busy protecting Lily from the feral cats and squirrels. They went to explore the Marketplatz, in the center of town, and to visit Dooley's.  Dooley's is an old style 5, 10, and 25 cent store.  They had a good time looking at all the "stuff".  Here are a few photos from today, but you can see more at the picture link for March & April pictures.



March 11th, 2021

I've been told there is a change to the original plan when we leave Fredericksburg, Texas.  We are no longer going to Tennessee or to the Ark Encounter.  Mom say's we are going to Branson, Missouri and to the Lake of the Ozarks instead.  We've never been there.  Maybe the fishing will great!!

March 15th, 2021 

 Mom did something today she hasn't done in 20 years.....she played golf.  She didn't do really good, but had a great time with her new buddies.  Mom said they went to Lady Bird Johnson Golf Course.


 March 19th, 2021

Early this morning I was left alone to sleep while they went to the Fredericksburg Trade Days. (think huge outdoor flea market).


 On the way home they saw the Oscar Meyer Wiener Car.

I wonder if they have fish flavored hotdogs?

Coming back from town mom & dad saw the funnest thing:

March 22nd, 2021

Early this morning while I was "still reading the paper", they decided to pack up and leave.  We traveled 245 miles in the rain.  What a bozo!!!!  Anyway, we traveled all the way to southern Fort Worth.  The closest Costco, just so they could stock up on food.  My food comes from Amazon, so I didn't care!!

We finally stopped at Mockingbird Hill RV park in Burleson Texas.  It is a normal looking RV park, but it does have trees and grass.  The WiFi is really bad!!  Right after dad hooked us all up, it came a raining!  A really bad thunderstorm.  It is loud!!  I'm going to bed.


March 23rd, 2021

Today, I approved of being left alone while they went shopping for food.  Only because they returned with cat treats from Trader Joe's.

March 24th, 2021

Everyone woke up early today.  Mom started packing the house.  That was my cue to hide.  Finally, dad put Lily2 into gear and we drove 168 miles to Mount Pleasant, Texas.  We stopped at Ramblin Fever RV Park.  We paid $27 per night with kinda good Wi-Fi.  We will be here 5 days or through the weekend.  Another big rain storm passed during the night.  I was up all night protecting them from the rain and thunder!


March 28th, 2021

Yesterday, there was tornado warnings and very bad thunderstorms in the area.  Everything missed us, including the big rain storms.  This job of protecting my hooman is getting exhausting.

March 29th, 2021

I wasn't very hungry this morning.  I wasn't hungry for dads eggs.  Must be because today is moving day!  180 miles later we stopped at J & J RV Park and Storage in Hot Springs Arkansas.  Do we have to talk funny now?

 Right next to a creek.  I sure hope it has some fish in it!!


I've never been in Arkansas.  So Hot Springs should be fun.

April 1st, 2021

After breakfast I was allowed to sleep in peace.  Mom and dad left me alone and went driving to Hot Springs Mountain Tower.  

It is a 3 1/2 mile one way switch back mountain road to the base (1039 feet in elevation) of the Mountain Tower.  There were many observation points that over looked the city.  Then they went driving to West Mountain Road

This was another mountain road with beautiful scenery.  Then, just when I started to get hungry, they went to play miniature golf at Pirate Cove Adventure Golf.  



 Dad was so rude because he did this victory dance.  He only won by 1!!

April 2nd, 2021

Mom and dad left me all alone again.  They went to Garvan Woodland Gardens.  It's a botanical garden. Mom got dad to walk over 2.5 miles.  No wonder he took a nap when they got home!!  Click here to see all the pictures of Hot Springs and the Botanical Gardens.

I found out later they saw fish and didn't bring me any.




April 5th, 2021

Mom packed us up and dad took us north into the Ozark mountains.  The countryside is absolutely beautiful!  Lots of rolling hills covered in blossoming wild flowers.  While traveling along, dad tried to hit a HAWK with the motor home.  Here's the video:


Dad finally stopped us (before I got car sick from all the up and down) at the Ozark View RV Park.  This place has lots of green grass and TREES.  Trees means birds and squirrels.  Dad said we might spend 2 weeks here.

April 7th, 2021

Today, dad said we are staying here for another week.  That will allow me time to make friends with all the squirrels.

April 9th, 2021

I got to get some sleep this morning.  They left and went to Mystic Caverns in Harrison Arkansas.  It was nice to be alone.  But the caves are nice too.  Click here to see all the pictures:

Mid afternoon we had hail, high winds and major thunderstorms.  It was loud in here with all that noise.  I had to hide under the table (next to mommy's feet) so I could protect her until the storms passed.  It took almost an hour!

April 11th, 2021

After lunch mom and dad left me all alone while they went to the Runaway Mountain Coaster in Branson Missouri.   They did it twice!!!  I think they spent my allowance.  


 Click here to watch a video of the ride.

April 12th, 2021

 This morning, I was playing with dad.  Then they left.  But when they finally got home (way after my dinner time) they were laughing.  It seems they went out to sit on this huge chair, mommy starting hugging the leg of a chicken, they watched a monkey climb up a building, looked at faces in a wall, saw a boat on land, watched an octopus eat a building, examined an upside building, visited a store with our name on it, paid their respects at a veterans memorial and took a train ride.  Look at all the pictures in March & April for an explanation!!

April 14th, 2021

After lunch I took a long nap while they went to the Christ of the Ozarks.  They said it was very inspirational.

April 15th, 2021

After feeding me my dinner, they left me.  They hardly ever go out at night.  They got home way late, laughing and joking.  It seems they went to the Dolly Parton's Stampede dinner attraction.  They are to old to act like this!!!!

April 19th, 2021

Late this morning I was shoved into my car carrier most rudely.  I wanted to sleep, but mom and dad decided we had to leave.  4 hours and 175 miles later, we arrived at Happy Acres RV Park in Sedalia, MO.  About 1 hour Southeast of Kansas City.

This park is on three different levels and is basically a gravel parking lot but it has great Wi-Fi!

April 20, 2021

What the heck is going on this morning?  I woke up mom and dad because there is snow on the ground.  It's noon and it's still snowing!!!  WHAT THE HECK!!!!


 April 21st, 2021

I was left all alone again.  This is getting to be a habit from them!  They finally got home around 4:30 pm.  This is past my supper time! I was so hungry, I almost ate one of mommies fingers.

They said they went to Kansas City to go shopping at Costco and Trader Joe's.  Likely story!!

April 22nd, 2021

I fell asleep on the front dash this morning in the sun.  When I woke up I was all alone.  AGAIN!!!!  They got home at 4:45 pm.  I didn't have enough energy to even complain.  My dinner time is 4 PM.  Not a minute later!!!  But they don't listen to me.  I'm just glad they finally came home.  I almost starved to death!!!

I heard they visited a funny looking water tower in Tipton, Missouri


the Bagnell dam (which created the Lake of the Ozarks)


and two 100 year old swinging bridges (1 bridge was closed)

Mommy looked pretty good going over the log!  It's nice to see daddy always willing to give her a helping hand.
 
and a lot of back road country driving!!!

April 26th, 2021
Dad's at it again.  He moved us 145 miles (in hurricane gusty winds) to St. Joseph Missouri.  How he kept us on the road is a mystery, but he did.  We stayed in a very old RV park called Beacon RV Park
We spent two days here watching and listening to birds and squirrels play. 
It was nice, except for the loud car noise!!!  The WI-Fi was bad and very few TV channels for dad, so he wasn't happy.

April 28th, 2021
I was caught completely off guard today.  We moved again!!  This time we moved 199 miles north to Onawa, IA.  Some light rain but no wind, thankfully!!  When we stopped we stayed in a very nice quiet park with a funny name called On-Ur-Wa RV Park
This park is only open from April to October, then the owners go to Arizona for the winter.  Basic WI-Fi and 30 OTA TV channels.  That should make dad happy!!!

April 29th, 2021
While I was watching squirrels, I mean guarding the house, they left.  They went to Monona County Veterans Memorial Museum and home of the Freedom Rock.  The museum was closed but the Freedom Rock was cool!
 They also stopped at Fiesta Foods but didn't bring home anything for me.  Sigh!!!

April 30th, 2021
I was prepared this morning.  They found me in my condo when they started getting ready to leave.  But it was a short 3 hour drive to Salem, SD or Dakota Sunsets RV Park.  This place might be another great place to meet birds, rabbits and squirrels!!!




Here are all the pictures we took in March and April 2021

Here are all the pictures of Me!!!

Comments

Popular Posts