May 2020

OH MY, THEY ARE AT IT AGAIN

Click the picture below for a short video of Tiger the Guard Cat!
BEWARE: Guard Cat On Duty

This map gives you our estimated location and time table

Here are some pictures we've taken so far in May of 2020!!  May 2020 pictures


May 2020:  Mom and dad have been loading the new motor home with tools, clothing, food and my toys for the last several weeks.  We will call this place Lily 2.

May 11th:  Without warning I was whisked up and shoved into my cat carrier.  Then I was taken out side (I don't do outside) and put into this huge motor home I've never seen before.  After I was let out of my carrier I checked out this new traveling house.  It's cool!!!

After it got dark, mom and dad joined me.  I was scared but they spent the night with me.  I did not have a good night.  There were way to many new sites, sounds and smells.  I spent the whole night telling anybody who would listen, how unhappy I was.

May 12th:  About 10:30 in the morning dad took off driving.  Route 89 (north of town) is well known for being a rough road.  But this new house on wheels is doing good.  Dad said it has airbags.  I like airbags!  It smooths out the rough roads and I don't look like that "kitty in the window" bobbing my head up and down.

Dad drove about 3 or so hours or 166 miles to an RV park in Dolan Springs, AZ.  We've been there before about 2 years ago.  It is nothing but a gravel parking lot with full hookups.  It's under new management and the place looks worse than it did before.  Hard to believe they could make it worse.

But we spent the night and no one bothered us.  In the morning a bunch of "dogs" started barking.  Dogs are useless noise makers.

May 13th:  After breakfast I went to bed.  Mom and dad packed up the house and dad started driving again.  I wanted to stop at the Hoover Dam but dad said they are closed because of the COVID-19.  All this fuss over a flu!!!

We finally stopped at Amargosa Valley Nevada, at a huge rest stop, for lunch.   I wasn't hungry but there were new smells for me to check out.  Mom and dad ate.  After awhile we hit the road again.  I went back to bed again.

Mid afternoon we finally stopped at Space Station RV Park in Beatty Nevada.

They assigned us site #2.  This is an older RV park with 30 amp electricity, water and sewer at each site.  Our motor home likes 50 amp of electricity to run everything.  But, 30 amp will work.  That means we can only run 1 air conditioner, not both.  Right now the forecast is a high for mid 80's and lows of mid to upper 50's.  So it's not to hot outside and very cool in the morning.

May 14th:  Both mom and dad had to go to work.  I wanted to play but NO, I was ignored again.  Finally around lunch daddy played with me.  He wore me out.  So I went to bed!!  It was nice mom and dad stayed home with me all day.

Dad went outside to a basement storage bin and found a can of spray insulation had opened-up!  It took him about an hour to clean up the mess.  Oops.

May 15th:  At 4 am this morning, I "belly crawled" from the living room to the bed room to protect mom and dad because the whole house was shaking for at least 1 minute from an earthquake!!  I could see mommy was scared.  It was her first earthquake!  Dad got up and went outside to check on things.  I stayed with mommy.  After dad got back, we all went back to bed.  I stayed with mommy to protect her.  There were two more after shocks about 15 minutes apart.  The epic center of the quake was about 100 miles due North of us.  Here's a local newspaper report "https://www.reviewjournal.com/local/local-nevada/6-5-earthquake-rattles-western-nevada-closes-highway-2028663/

After breakfast mom and dad took the jeep and left me all alone.  So I went back to bed.  The first thing mom did was take dad to a brothel.  https://www.atlasobscura.com/places/angel-s-ladies-brothel

Then they drove to Rhyolite, Nevada.  Rhyolite is a ghost town in Nye County, in the U.S. state of Nevada. It is in the Bullfrog Hills, about 120 miles (190 km) northwest of Las Vegas, near the eastern boundary of Death Valley National Park. The town began in early 1905 as one of several mining camps that sprang up after a prospecting discovery in the surrounding hills.  There were very few buildings left, but what was left was very interesting.  Even the several piles of cans told a story of days gone by.

For more information:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhyolite,_Nevada

There is the Tom Kelly's house of bottles: https://www.atlasobscura.com/places/tom-kellys-bottle-house

There is also the Goldwell Open Air Museum - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goldwell_Open_Air_Museum

And of course the Bullfrog-Rhyolite cemetery - https://www.onlyinyourstate.com/nevada/spooky-cemetery-nv/


May 17th:  Today I'm glad they left me home with the air conditioner on.  They went 34 miles down the road into Death Valley National Park in California.  Specifically to Stovepipe Wells General Store, just to buy a magnet for the wall!  It was 103 degrees at 11:30 in the morning.  Jeez.  What fools.
Although, they did say the altitude was 60 feet below sea level at the store.  The Colorado River in the Grand Canyon is at 2,400 feet above sea level.  Although, some places in Death Valley are as low as 282 feet below sea level.  The normal temperature in the summer is 120 degrees.


May 18th: Today, after several hours of work for clients, they left me alone to me sleep while they went to Amargosa Valley, NV.  There is an Alien 51 tourist trap there.  Luckily, they didn't get beamed up or probed.  All they did was eat lunch and walk the small store for alien trinkets.  I bet they brought home an alien virus!!


May 19th: 
Yesterday, mom complained of cleaning up a bit of water because of a leaky foot peddle at the toilet.  Dad said it needs a replacement valve.  I don't know why they can't use a box like I do!!

Today they went to Pahrump Nevada to get a replacement valve for the toilet.  They also went to the store and bought food.  But none for me.  After they got home and put THEIR groceries away, dad took the toilet apart.  He replaced the valve and mom is very happy there is no leak.

May 20th:  Today is moving day.  We moved 100 miles North to Tonopah, Nevada.  If you'll remember, this was the location of the earthquake last week.  Just saying!!

The drive was uneventful, except for the snow on the ground as we got nearer to Tonopah.  I'm from Arizona!  I don't do snow!  We heard they got 18 inches of snow a couple of days ago.


May 21st:  They went to the Clown Motel and Museum today.

Next door, was the Old Tonopah Cemetery.

The city takes very good care of it for being so old.  They also stopped at the Tonopah Historic Mining Park, but it was closed because of the virus.

So they went across town to the Central Nevada Museum.  It too was closed because of the virus.

While they were downtown walking around, they stopped at at the Belvada Hotel.  But it was closed due to construction.  However, it had a pair of Cherubs out front.  Pretty cool.

May 24th: Today, after breakfast, I got a chance to nap while mom and dad went to Goldfield Nevada.  It was down the road about thirty miles.  They first stopped at the International Car Forest.  This is a collection of cars "buried in the ground" and painted (or graffiti-ed) in many different ways.


This place was very unique to say the least.  Some of the artists had done a great job.  Until some punks came along and "tagged" the art work.  To view more pictures of the forest:

 May 2020 pictures

From there, they just drove through town stopping at the different stores.  Some were open but most were closed.

May 25th:  Today was a great day!!  After mom fed me my breakfast, dad gave me eggs.  With runny yokes!!  Life is great.  After they left to go some place, I took a nap.

I found out they went up to the mountains to some place called Belmont, Nevada.


Belmont is a ghost town in Nye County, Nevada, United States along former State Route 82. The town is a historic district listed in the National Register of Historic Places.  They have the old court house there.  Which is being renovated, so it wasn't open.
Also, there was this really cool looking church up on the hill with a great view of the whole valley.  The Belmont Church is a replica of the Catholic Church (built in 1872) that moved to Manhattan in 1906.

May 27th:   Today I had to endure another 200 miles of travel.  We traveled from Tonopah to Topaz Lake RV Park.  This is the cheapest RV park they could find near Lake Tahoe. Visiting Lake Tahoe is on mommies bucket list.


May 29th:  We've had a couple of very quiet days just sitting around, a little bit of shopping and doing nothing!!

May 30th:  They left me alone again to drive around Topaz Lake.  I hear there are fish in this lake.  I hope they bring home some fresh fish!!
Can you believe them!  They are driving right on the beach and didn't stop to get me any fish!!!

May 31st: I can't believe my luck!  After they went to Topaz Lake and didn't get me a fish, they said today they would go to Lake Tahoe.  Lake Tahoe straddles the Nevada California borders,  is at 6,225 feet in altitude and is 1,645 feet deep.  With crystal clear water they are sure to bring me back a fish.  I'll bet I never get to sleep while they are gone.




Comments

Popular Posts