December 2019

SUN Dec 22nd, 2019
Mom and dad loaded me up into Lily (without my permission I must say) and drug me down to Tuscon Arizona on Sunday Dec 22nd.  More precisely, to Diamond J RV Park.
It is a nice park with over 100 spots with full hook-up at $35 per night.  The WiFi is very good so far.  That makes dad happy.

Next door to us is my Sister-in-law (SIL) Joyce (Moms sister from Washington state) and her cat Bubba!!
It was 5 hours of pure hell bouncing up, down and all around the Arizona highways.  Daddy didn't care.  He just kept on driving no matter how much I complained.  Luckily, mommy loves me.  She would come to the back and hold my hand when I got scared.

MON Dec 23rd, 2019
After a flurry of phone calls to different places, mom, dad and Joyce finally decided to go to Old Tuscon.  Finally I can get some sleep.

Old Tuscon is a Movie set used in several Westerns now functioning as a family theme park with live entertainment.  They said they had fun.  Looking at the pictures, it sure does!!
Click Here to see a few pictures they took of all their fun without me!!

 TUE Dec 24th, 2019
 I truly believe my parents have gone over the deep end!  At 11 am SHARP, we all moved over to the Desert Trails RV Park.  Because the Diamond J RV Park did not have any showers and the Desert Trail does.  We moved less than 1/2 mile.  The parks are right next door to each other!
Anyway, so the first spot we were assigned has some loud neighbors "spilling over" into our spot.  After a short conversation with management, we were moved to another spot.  This spot is much nicer.  But mom and dad had to hurry because the person assigned to the new spot was coming in soon and we had paid for tickets to the Titan Missile Museum in 2 hours.  So, with all the rain there was a flurry of activity to move Lily across the park.  Somehow they did it and they left for the Titan Missile Museum only 5 minutes late.

Once they arrived at the Titan Missile Museum
they only had 1 minute until the tour started.  The tour was very interesting and took about 1 hour.  Here are a few pictures they took.

WED Dec 25th, 2019
Well first of all, I along with mommy and daddy, wish all my peeps a Merry Christmas!!

We had a great morning!!  I took turns playing with mom and dad.  I think I wore them out.  But, then after lunch, they left me again.  They left and went hiking in the Saguaro National Park.  They left me at home to protect Lily.  Here are a few pictures they took.

They got home way after my feeding time.  I'm not sure I'll forgive them for making me wait on my supper.  They know better than that!!!!!

THUR Dec 26th, 2019
Today my SIL really wanted to go to Sabino Canyon.


So, mom and dad drove to the east side of Tuscon and took SIL to Sabino Canyon so they all could hike and take pictures.  It turns out, everybody else went to Sabino Canyon too.  The place was packed with wall to wall hikers.  So many people went to Sabino Canyon that the open sided shuttle buses were over packed and mom and dad said they would have had to wait 3 hours for the first seat.  Well dad said "no".  SIL said she could walk faster than that, so off she went.  Mom and dad went into town and ate lunch, got groceries, and came back to Sabino Canyon and picked up SIL.  Everybody got back home before it started to rain!!!

FRI Dec 27th, 2019
Dad's been chasing a water leak in the bathroom for several days.  Yesterday we had standing water under the bathroom cabinets.  (not good)  Today, mom and dad left me all alone and went to Lowe's to buy parts.  Hopefully, he buys the right parts to fix it "once and for all"!
When mom and dad came home they told me they had bought all the parts needed (including a new faucet) and they found a young man (who is a Lowe's employee and ex-plumber) who was willing to do an OFF THE BOOKS job.  He came out to the RV Park and less than 2 hours later we had water at the sink.
 Plus, dad decided to put shutoff valves in also.  (For what-ever reason, Winnebago does not install water shut off valves)

Everything works like it is suppose too.  Yeah!!!!

SAT Dec 28th, 2019
This morning I was left alone again while "they" went out to church.  They went to the Tucson Midvale Park Seventh-day Adventist Church about 20 minutes away.  Nice looking church with an interesting sermon, dad said.  Dad said lots of people were talking, moving about and texting during the sermon.  Very distracting!

SUN Dec 29th, 2019
At 9 am mom packed me away under the pillows (so I can't see what's outside and get scared) and we left for home.  They stopped for lunch at Anthem Way & I-17.  But I wasn't hungry.  I learned later, there was an accident at mile marker 244 earlier in the morning.  Traffic was still having a problem when we got there at lunch time.  It took dad 40 minutes to drive 14 miles because traffic was so slow.  Dad said he found it interesting that the right lane was actually moving faster then the left lane.
We finally got home around 3 pm.  But I got locked in the office while mom and dad unloaded the motor home.  I didn't have to help unload, so that was good.  Things got back to normal around dinner time.  I was hungry too!!



Comments

Popular Posts