Southern Utah

Here is a link to all the photo's that are non descriptive mom and dad have taken:  May 2019 pictures




MAY 1ST, 2019
My parents have started to abuse me again.  I really thought this travel stuff was over.  But NO!!!  Here we go again.  Today MAY 1ST, we are at Blake Ranch RV Park & Horse Motel.  Not 1 horse in sight, but a lot of loud diesel motor homes are driving through.  I don't do loud noises.  As the sun went down the wind speed went up.  But I don't care.  I'm looking for a way out of here.
I heard we are going to Lake Mead for a few days.  Maybe I'll catch some fish.  I like fish!!

May 2nd, 2019
Today my parents kept up the torture.  We move 90 some miles from Blake Ranch RV Park & Horse Motel to a National Park Service place called Boulder Beach Campground at the southern tip of lake Mead.  Just in case y'all get close enough to save me, this is where I'm at:

 I do have a great view of Lake Mead.  Maybe tonight I'll go fishing.

I've seen a lot of grackle's, quail and few mourning doves.  I wonder how I can catch one?!

 May 3rd, 2019
Mom and dad left this place with all the birds.  I think dad took a wrong turn, because we went to Henderson Nevada.  Mom and dad stopped at a Smiths grocery store and bought food.  I like food!!  Then dad took the bumpy'ist road he could find out of Henderson.  I'm  gonna make him pay for that!!  We left there and went through the Lake Mead National Recreational Area.  The scenery of colors was just fantastic.  Thankfully the road was smooth.  So I just went to bed.  I'll need my rest so tonight I can keep everyone awake.
Finally, after several hours, dad parked us at Fun N' Sun Mobile Home & RV Park in Overton Nevada.  I heard mom say the Internet here is really good, so it looks like we will be staying several days.  Here is where I'll be if anybody is close enough to save me.
I tolerate dad because mom loves me!  She put out a humming bird feeder on the windshield wiper so I'll have someone to play with when they leave me all alone.  She's so good to me!!
If we'll be here all weekend, maybe I'll make some new friends.

May 4th, 2019
It's 94 degrees outside with "a feel likes" 97 degrees.  I'm staying inside in the air conditioning.  Here is a 1 hour video (condensed down to 15 minutes) of the beautiful desert north and west of Lake Mead.  We drove on highway 167.
YouTube video

May 5th,2019
Mom and dad left me alone after breakfast.  They took the jeep and left.  Do you think I'll have some peace and quiet!?  Nope!!  They came back a few hours later.  It sounds like they went to the Valley of Fire State Park and all I got was this YouTube video to watch.
Valley of Fire State Park video

FUN FACT: Cinco de Mayo, or the fifth of May, is a holiday that celebrates the date of the Mexican army's 1862 victory over France at the Battle of Puebla during the Franco-Mexican War.

May 6th, 2019
Mom and dad stayed home today.  Mom baked a loaf of bread.  It made the house smell good.  Later mom did laundry.  I like playing in the laundry basket when it's full of clean warm clothes.  Mom just shakes here head at me but dad, he plays with me.  It's fun to play "hide and seek".

May 7th, 2019
Well I got snookered again.  I though we were done traveling.  But NOOOOO!!!!  We moved early this morning (after breakfast) about 93 miles up to St. George Utah.  The road was smooth and the trip through the Virgin River Gorge was very pretty.  Here is a video from the dash cam:  
Virgin River Gorge
The Virgin River Gorge is a scenic 24.2 mile drive through a narrow, winding canyon between St. George, UT and Mesquite, NV.
Finally, we stopped at a KOA.  I don't know were dad bought his drivers license at!!

It is crowded here but it has trees.  Trees means birds.  I like birds!!
I might have to get out of bed for birds.
It rained tonight. A lot of rain.  Thunderstorms too.  Loud thunderstorms!  I'll stand guard tonight!
 
May 8th,2019
Today Was a great day!  Mom and dad left me all alone after breakfast and went out to Zion National Park.  They were gone all day!  I was starting to worry if they would return in time to feed me.  Lucky for them, they did!!
They took a few pictures.  Here is the link to view them:  Zion National Park.

May 9th, 2019
Mom and dad slept in, this morning.  Therefore, my breakfast was late!!  This activity is not acceptable.  I almost died.  My stomach hurt.  As soon as one of you arrive, we will be filing charges with the ASPCA.  When they finally did wake up and feed me, they left.  However, they did return a few hours later with food.  I like food!  I think they got home just in time, too.  A big storm is rolling over the mountains, coming straight at us.  You can't even see the mountains, any more!
I hope mommy doesn't get scared.  I guess I'll have to protect her tonight.
The storm rolled past us.  We can see the snow on the mountains from our front veranda.

May 10th, 2019
The weather man lied last night.  He said it was going to rain.  He didn't say "nothin" about snow.
Now to be honest, this is the Pine Valley Mountains topping off at 10,365 feet.  Also, this has been our view from the front veranda (front windshield) for the last several days.  We are facing NNW and are at 3020 feet currently.
It was 50 degrees this morning when everyone decided to wake up and feed me.  Then without any  fanfare, they left me.  It was hours and hours before I saw them again.  I was left here all by self.  It was well past my feeding time when they came home.  I don't know why dad kept mom out so late.  I'm not sure how much more of this I can take.

May 11th, 2019
Mom and dad left me again this morning.  This is getting to be a habit with them.  It's sabbath, so I guess they went to a local church.
I heard them talking about the next place to go.  While I don't want to stay here, I don't want to go either!  I heard them say we are going to Bryce National Park.  It sounds scary.  I'll tell them my opinion about this move later.

May 12, 2019
HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!!  Today, mom baked!!  She baked a loaf of bread and brownies.  This made our house smell really good!  Mommy said I cannot have any brownies.  She said it's bad for me.  I'm mad at mommy!!  I'll just go down here an look for birds!

May13th, 2019
Today, dad showed us his driving skills.  We moved about 100 miles to Bear Valley RV & Campground Resort just North of Panguitch, Utah.  He did pretty good because he had to slow down going into the mountains.  We are now at 6600 high in altitude.  We are North of Bryce National Park by about 30 miles.  This is my view from the veranda (front windshield).

This is where we are parked inside Bear Valley RV.  We will be here at least 2 days.  Therefore, my "cat posse" can find me.  Tomorrow will be a good day to rescue me because mom and dad will be gone all day to Bryce National Park.

May 15th, 2019
Sorry I haven't communicated with you all.  The last campground had very poor WiFi.  That park had lots of Meadow Lark birds that sang all day.

I had a good couple of days.  Mom and dad went to Bryce Canyon National Park.
Here is a link to a few pictures they took.  Bryce Canon National Park
Here is a video of the ride up to Bryce Canyon. https://youtu.be/NnRxvvb25sI
They were gone all day so I got lots of sleep.  They got home just in time to feed me.  I was scared they wouldn't get home to feed me.  They've done that before.  Torture me and make me wait while they go out and take pictures and have fun!  Oh well, at least they didn't forget me.

My mom got the biggest kick out of this sign, but I don't see anything funny about it.
I guess a lot of people make the wrong turn onto the this road and get lost.

This morning was the worst day of my life!!!  Mom put me in bed and then dad drove on the worst road he could find (Hwy 89) in the strongest wind storm of all time.  I was scared!!  It was bad!!   We kept swaying to and fro.  I think dad drove in the ditch at least once but mom said he didn't.  Then, just when I knew I was going to die, they stopped.  They stopped west of Fredona Arizona at the Kaibab Paiute RV Campground.  The wind is still howling very loud, so I'm going back to bed.
I heard that we are going to spend a week here (Yippee!) because it only cost $18.00 per night.  (Weekly rate with Good Sam)  There is no TV service and the phone service is weak (had to turn on the WiFi calling option of the phone). But the internet is great!!  And it's right between a lot of places to go.  Like the North Rim of the Grand Canyon, Jacob Lake, Page Az and Marble Canyon.  Those will be great to see.

May 16th, 2019
Today dad woke up early but mom slept in.  I don't care except mom is the one who feeds me.  Dad didn't!!  Currently it is very windy.  18 MPH winds with gust to 28 MPH.  Tonight is to be a very bad storm with lots of rain and dropping temperature.
They left mid morning (I don't know when, I was asleep) and went to Pipe Spring National Monument.  It is a very interesting story about how the Kaibab Paiute Indians and the Mormons learned to live together. Read here  https://www.nps.gov/pisp/index.htm
or here  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pipe_Spring_National_Monument for more information.
Here is a bunch of pictures of a building the Mormons built on top of a mountain spring.
Pipe Spring National Monument.

May 17th, 2019
Mom and dad finally left me alone so I could sleep.  It was so windy last night I didn't sleep at all.  Anyway, mom and dad went to Kanab Utah for the day.  While there, they visited the Moqui Cave.  This cave has an interesting history from the Hollywood days.  Click here to read further information.  They also did the Johnson Canyon Driving Tour.  Click here for more information.  Some of the pictures they took are just beautiful.  Click here to see them.
Here is a video of the drive:  https://youtu.be/DBoGyDCj3N4
They got home just in time to feed me.  My stomach was starting to growl!  They also brought the wind home with them and I think it's gonna rain again.

May 18th, 2019
This sabbath was a good day.  Mom and dad stayed home and watched TV movies and I got to sleep on their laps.  They watched "In the Beginning part 1 and 2".
There is a threat of more storms coming again.  High winds and more rain!

May 20th, 2019
The last two days there have been lots and lots of storms.  The wind and rain was so bad it knocked out the WiFi here at the campground.  Dad was stuck with no TV and no Internet.  I think he was grouchy!  It was so bad here it even hailed!  I've only seen hail once or twice before.  It made a lot of noise on the fiberglass roof.  It even piled up on the windows.  But it didn't do any damage.  That was good.  We stayed very warm inside.

This morning mom and dad left me alone again!!  They said they were going to the North Rim of the Grand Canyon.  They said later they stopped at the Jacob Lake Visitor's Center and were told by the rangers, the North Rim is closed due to all the snow they got last night.  They turned around and came home just in time before another storm hit.  Here is a video of the drive down the mountain from Jacob Lake:  CLICK HERE  Did you know Jacob Lake only has a small pond and not a lake?
 
They did stop at an area called LeFevre Overlook.  Here they took some pictures:

There are more storms coming to this place tonight.  With me up all night protecting mommy, it's no wonder I sleep all day!!!  A cats work is never done.  sigh!

May 21st, 2019
Last night was another bad night!  It rained, stormed, it got cold and windy and just all around a bad night!!!  Dad had bad dreams and I had to sleep on top of him to keep him comfortable.  Finally the sun came up, everybody got out of my bed, and I could have the whole bed all to myself.
After breakfast mom and dad left.  Didn't ask me if I wanted to go.  I would have said NO!  But it's nice to be asked.
They went to Little Hollywood Museum.  They took a bunch of pictures of all the Hollywood western buildings from several TV and Hollywood movies.  You'll have to go to the May Album to look at all the pictures.  MAY ALBUM
When they finally got back home they made a lot of noise, waking me up from my sleep.  Who cares if it started raining?  Who cares if they get wet?  I was sleeping!!

They also decided to stay here another week, because of all the storms.  So my "Cat Posse"  "my Peoples" has until the morning of May 29th to get up here and save me.  I have a reward to the first person.  I've saved pieces of my tuna to give to you as a reward.  It's good tuna!  I'll give it to you for saving me!!

May 22nd, 2019
Mom and dad took their sweet time leaving this morning.  Mom was on the phone working, while dad was doing nothing.  Like normal!  When they finally left (so I could get some sleep) they went to Moccasin Arizona.  Not a big town, rather small actually but important in the late 1800's.  Click here for the story.
When they came home they made a lot of noise getting out of the rain. I don't know why.  It's not like they will melt!!
It's been raining all day and will continue all night with a winter advisory for this area.  Great!!

May 25th, 2019
Have not had internet the last couple of days, so I could not communicate with my Peeps.  Friday, mom and dad left me alone all day.  They went shopping in St George Utah.  I wanted to throw a party, but I was to tired after my nap!  They returned just in time to feed me.  Lucky them!!

On Sabbath I sat on mommy's lap while we watched sermons on TV.  Well, they watched, I napped.  The weather finally broke.  It was slightly windy but at least it was 71 degrees and sunny!!


May 26th, 2019
Today is another party day!!  Mom and dad left me alone (with all these cool cats and dogs in the park) while they went to the North Rim of the Grand Canyon.  Click here for the pictures
I cleaned up all the "cat nip" and "doggy treats" just in time before they got back.  They will never be the wiser!!  I'm gonna have a hang-over tomorrow!!

May 27th, 2019
Leave me alone, I have a "cat-nip" hang over. 
This morning it rained "humans" all morning long.  Mom and dad left after lunch so I could get some real sleep.  They went on a tour of  https://bestfriends.org/ , very large no kill animal shelter and sanctuary.  My kind of place!!

May 28th, 2019
Today mom and dad stayed home and did nothing!  Well, dad did nothing mom did laundry and  baked.  The campground has a very nice full kitchen that anybody can use inside the club house.  So, mom made bread, brownies and 2 small loafs of blueberry muffins/cake.  I bet the club house smells good.
They let me sleep until after lunch and then dad woke me up for no reason.  I think dad just likes to be mean to me.  That's OK.
I'm keeping a list of all the mean things he does.  PETA's gonna hear from me.

May 29th, 2019
Well I thought today was going to be just like yesterday.  Sitting around sleeping all day.  BUT NO!!!
Today, dad moved us up the road to Wilderness Ranch & RV park.  He drove us 2 hours of up and down these huge mountains on the worst roads dad could find.  I bet he hit every pot hole in the state of Utah.  I looked like a stupid bobble head.  With all the bumping going on!  I couldn't get one wink of sleep.
Finally, dad stopped in this huge field.  It looks like this is where we are going to live for a while.
It's OK because there are prairie dogs and jack rabbits and birds.  53 different types of birds!!  And lots of mountain views.
There is a whole family of prairie dogs living right next door to us.
Man o man, are we gonna have a party later.  Well, first I have to make friends with everybody.  Then we'll have a party!!

May 30th, 2019
Today, mom and dad left me all alone after breakfast.  I decided to take this time to introduce myself to the "dogs and bunnies" I saw yesterday.  Those little dogs don't like me.  They keep running into these holes in the ground, whenever I got near.  Then they would making this clicking sound.  That told all their friends in the neighborhood to get under ground.  I couldn't fit into that hole.  And the rabbits, they flipped those big ol ears at me and laughed as they hopped away.  No party today!!  I guess I'll go back to bed.
Mom and dad took the Scenic Byway Highway 12 all the way to Escalante, Utah.  About 70 some miles one-way.  Click here to see all the picturesClick here to watch the video of Scenic Byway 12.
 They also stopped at Mossy Cave and waterfall.


 Here's a video of the waterfalls.
They also found Noah's Ark Mountain
 And this beautiful mountain is called Powell's Point.

May 31st, 2019
After breakfast mommy had to do some work with a client.  Daddy spent the time talking with the neighbor.  Something he is good at!  When they left I had a long talk at the birds.  It did no good.  They don't want to play!
Mom and dad took a long drive on UT-63 through Bryce Canyon National Park.  This is the place most tourist don't go.  Up to 9115 feet above sea level.  It was still cold.  I could see snow on the mountain side.  But the rain stopped today.   Click here to see the pictures.
Once they got home, they both went straight back to work for clients.  Totally ignoring me.  They even forgot to feed me on time.  That's going down on the list!!









Comments

Popular Posts