Bullhead City


This blog will stay active and I will update it often, even if I do not send out updates. 
The newest entries will always be at the top!!! 


October 29, 2018
The Grand Canyon Caverns is only 90 miles from home, so I was very happy when they started packing to go.  I forgot about dad and his "store bought drivers license"!  For the next hour and half he bounced me and mommy all over the place.  But I was so very happy to get home, I went to bed!
Nobody gets the reward for rescuing me.  Nobody!!!

October 28, 2018
Today must be moving day.  After breakfast the two of them started getting Lily ready to travel.  I'm going to bed!!
About two hours later dad stopped this "bouncy house" at some place called Grand Canyon Caverns.

I learned later, we are just east of Peach Springs, Arizona.  Grand Canyon Caverns is a dry hole.  No water at all!!  Mom and dad took a tour of the caverns.  I stayed inside where it was safe.  They told me later, there was a restaurant in the cavern
Also, you could rent out the cavern for weddings and what-nots.  You could even sleep in there.
Later, I learned during the Cuban missile crisis President Kennedy ordered this cavern as a safe spot.
It had bottled water and food stored here.
The cavern even had a mummified relative of mine
That was creepy!!
The local folks are all ready for Halloween,



I stayed outside and kept an eye on this big guy
Finally, mom and dad came back and we went around back to the campground.  This campground had water and electric, but nothing else.  No TV, no Internet and only 1 bar for the phone.  It was quiet.  There were only 3 campers this night!!  Let me tell you, after a beautiful sunset, it got dark outside!  I don't mind telling you, I got scared and slept with mom and dad.

Lily towed the jeep just fine.  Only one problem. 6.5 MPG is a problem.  But hey... what are you going to do!  You gotta pay to play!!!


October 27, 2018
Mom and dad left me alone right after breakfast.  It's sabbath, so I guess they are going to church.
They finally came home, ate lunch and just sat around and read books.  It was a good day

October 26, 2018
Somewhere near noon we left the RidgeView RV Resort.  We only moved 2 miles straight West and closer to the Colorado River. We are now staying in the Mohave County Park of Davis Dam Camp.
We have a great view of the river from here.  But we had small problem when we got here.  We had pre-paid for the weekend, but someone was in our assigned spot.  We had to call the Park Ranger.

He didn't do anything except say "I don't know where the  owners are!"  So the lady at the front desk moved us to a different spot.

After daddy got us all set up, we had a visitor!!  I'm not sure of this visitor.  He's bigger than a dog and smelled a lot worse.
I think he wanted in our house.
But I protected my mommy and daddy!!!

I will stay vigilant on my watch!!  I WILL PROTECT MY MOMMY!!!  She feeds me.




October 25, 2018

Early this morning mom and dad left me alone and went “Jeeping”.  

 They went out to Nevada on a primitive but graded gravel road called Christmas Tree Pass.  

They stopped in at Grapevine Canyon Trailhead.  

I believe this place is haunted!  They first thing they saw (and had to pass by) was a skull watching over the canyon.  

Then they saw a bunch of rocks with alien writings on them. 





Some people call it “Petroglyphs”, but I believe aliens did it!!  But, the 2 or 3 hour journey wasn’t without humor.  Donald Duck and a fully decorated Christmas were found on the trail.   


I just waited a home.   

Alone!!  I'm thinking of upping the reward.  But I might have to get a job to earn some extra cash.


October 24, 2018
I still have money for the reward!!!  Mom and dad didn't buy!!

October 23, 2018
Around 10 am this morning my mommy shoved me into this canvas bag (some call it a kitty travel bag) and took me outside to Lily (I DON’T DO OUTSIDE!!!).  Lily is the name of our motor home.  I told mommy in “no uncertain terms” I do not like this.  But she didn’t care how much I hollered!  So I hid under the bed covers to shield my eyes from what I was about to see.  My daddy and his store bought drivers license, started to move Lily.
 He “bounced” me around the bed for the next 3 hours.  Mommy did sit with me on the bed.  She smelled good and petted me until I fell asleep, which was hard to do with dad’s driving.

We arrived at Ridgeview RV Resort in Bullhead City Arizona for a 90 minute time share speech from Sunrise Adventures sometime tomorrow.  Because we will listen to their speech, we will get 3 days of camping for free!  


Water, electric, cable TV and sewer (normally $50 a day here) for free.  Plus free use of the club house and pool. (yawn)  But we learned, after we got here, there is no Wi-Fi here!!!  So, for now, we are using our mobile hotspot.  Slow but better than nothing.  I guess mom and dad will find a Starbucks real soon!!!

I hope mom and dad will use this time to take the Jeep and go exploring.  That will allow me some ME time!!!  I need it after today!!!



Comments

Popular Posts