Trip to Sequim, Washington

My trip to Sequim, Washington                                             (Newest comments are at the top)

July 7, 2018
I slept in this morning.  There was such a great rainfall last night that this morning the birds where singing, the flowers were blooming and the weeds were a poppin!
That means later today the bugs will be out.  Happy hunting to me!!


July 5, 2018
First thing this morning (7 am) the motor home was under attack!!  A flock of birds landed on the motor home.  I quickly got on the bed to protect my mom and dad and yelled at the birds.  After the birds walked around for awhile, pecking and squawking, they finally took the hint and left!  I hope my mom and dad appreciate how I saved their life.

After lunch they left me alone, AGAIN!  This is getting to be a habit.  They went to Elwha River Observation Area and looked at a waterfall.

They said after they left the falls they went to Crescent Lake.  Dad said the water was cold, very cold.  So all they did was walk around the visitors center and look at the lake.  I wonder if there was any fish?





July4, 2018
Today, everybody left me alone and went to the Dungeness County Park.

Next door was the Dungeness Wildlife Refuge.  It was right on the water and they got a great look at Canada, eh.  There was also a lot of birds, plants, trees and other flying bugs to gawk at.  Mount Baker still had a lot of snow at the top.  I bet it was cold!
On the way home, near the ocean shore, they saw a couple of American Bald Eagles.  Today was a great day!!!  July 4th and American Bald Eagles.  I doesn't get any better!!!



July 3, 2018
Today, everybody let me sleep in
while they all went into town sightseeing.  I think they went up to Hurricane Ridge in Olympic National Park.  About an hour away.
 Here are the names of the ridges, if you're into that.
Here are some individual pictures of the mountain tops:




Here's a view looking toward the Strait of Juan de Fuca.   That's Canada way back there.


When lunch time came, mom unfriended me and fed a bird.  Birds are my mortal enemy!  Mom, how could you?

My dad is no better!  He made friends with a chipmunk.  I thought I smelled something on him when he came home.  He's a traitor.  I don't think I like him any more!!

Dad says he see's an angry face in the mountain.  Do you?
Mom said she thinks the 3 tunnels they went through were cool.  I'm not scared of tunnels.


June 30, 2018
Those of you who are truly my friends, I thought I would show you my-sister-in-laws house.
This is the front of her house:

Dad parked Lily in the back yard.  I think so it would be harder for you to find me.  Anyway, this is where we are parked out back:


As you can see, there is plenty of yard for me to watch.

 June 29, 2018
Before dad moved us out of this campground (American Heritage) mom and dad took a walk around the campground.  It was built in the 70's and still owned by the same family.  It is in 25 acres of a very wooded section of the county.  This campground even had a small farm of chicken, ducks, American Barbados Blackbelly Hair sheep and dozen gophers.  Somebody even built them an over size chair.

This campground had a very large pavilion for groups to enjoy.

While mom and dad were out, I made a friend.  But he was a little flighty.

Sometime mid afternoon we finally arrived at "my sister in laws" house.  We'll be here for 10 days, before we start our next adventure.  I'll keep you posted!!!

 June 28, 2018

Mom and dad decided to only travel about 100 miles today, so we got started a little later than normal.  Because they had so much time, they decided to stop at the Mt St. Helens Visitors Center.

There, they learned all about when Mt St. Helens erupted in 1980.   They said it was fascinating.  After lunch they continued driving and stopped at the Tumwater Falls Park.  It's a small little privately owned park that has seen better days.




Finally they stopped at Olympia Campground in Olympia,Washington.  We'll never stop here again.  WiFi is very poor, barking dogs everywhere, yelling kids outside Lily and management parked us right next door to another motor home even though there were at least 30 or 40 empty spots.  After about 1 hour dad went to the office to complain.  But I guess they were rude because when he came back, we packed up and moved.

Dad moved us to American Heritage Campground (just down the road).  This place is great!!  It was built in the 70's and the campsites are far apart.  Which means it is quiet.  The WiFi has fast speeds, a laundry room which is very clean and lots of trees to keep me entertained.  I like it here.

I just watched a bunch of people go by on a hay ride!!  What fun!!
Tomorrow, we will go to the small farm at the campground.

 June 27, 2018

After we left Cold Water Cove (first thing in the morning) we stopped at Sahalie Falls.  Mom and dad went for a hike and left me alone again.  But the McKenzie River had a great waterfall here.  The beauty of the falls, the power of the water and the "effects of the rain forest" are magnificent.





 Mom and dad also took a couple of video's of the river.  Man, is it loud!!

Dad didn't fall in (that would have been funny) so we drove 150 miles North on highway 5 to North of Portland Oregon.  We stopped in at the Big Fir Campground in Ridgefield Washington.  The scenery here is just beautiful.
Here is a picture standing in the center of our campsite looking straight up through the trees.
Of course, I was on first watch, protecting mom and dad from all the evils of the forest.
Mom and dad said this park had the WORST bathrooms they have ever been too.  You had to pay to take a shower and mom's shower broke and stopped giving her water during her shower.  Both had to clean the showers of all the bugs and spider webs before they could shower.  I'm glad I don't have to take showers.  That just sounds yuckie!!!


June 25-26, 2018
Mom and dad drove 51 miles to the west on route 20.  A beautiful road to view.  We ended up stopping at Coldwater Cove Federal Park.  This park has nothing except animals and quietness and a lake which is very cold.  So was the temperature at night.  It got cold outside!!!  Mom and dad had NO TV or Internet (or telephone) for 2 1/2 days.  We were "roughing it".

The story goes that 3000 years ago a volcano erupted and created the Clear Water lake.  All the funny rocks are naturally from the volcano.  We were told the lake has an under water forest and scuba divers come here all the time to dive it.  But the water is 42 degrees.  Brrrr!!!  No algae because it is so cold.

 


I spent the day watch Mountain Blue Jays eat food dad put out for them.  It was fun!

I almost forgot about you rescuing me.  I'm having too much fun.

June 24, 2018
We spent the day/night in Tumalo State Park which is North of Bend Oregon.  We had full hook-up which is a little odd for a state park.  The power was a little low, but the air conditioner still ran.  Which is good because it was 95 degrees outside.
Mom and dad left me alone while they went bike riding around the park.  There was a new friend I made. He was very shy, but we talked a lot.  Dad put out food (bread & chips) for him and he would eat it all up.




June 22, 2018
I just spent three days waiting for a rescue which never came.  I did entertain myself with the local birds while waiting for you.
There was this big dog which came over to my front door.  But he got distracted with eating and failed to help.  Dumb dog.  You can't count on dogs!
Mom and dad came home from church all excited because they saw a white tailed deer in a ditch behind a farmers house.  I don't know what the big deal is.  I've seen deer before.
I'm still waiting people!!


June 21st, 2018
Today, we got another late start because two clients called looking for help.  Mom and dad did what they do and helped the clients.  Then we hit the road again.  I would have rather stayed.  Not because the Winnamecca KOA was such a great place (altho it was nice).  But because I'm tired of bouncing around in the back of Lily.  Today we did over 200 miles against a head wind.  I bet our gas mileage was very poor today.  Oh, by the way, did anybody figure out where dad bought his drivers license?
When mom finally made dad stop, we were in Burns, Oregon.  It is a very nice RV park with lots of trees.  Maybe I'll see a couple of birds.
 I heard we are staying here for the whole weekend.  Yippie!!!

June 20th, 2018 
 Nothing happened today.  I mean, nothing happened of importance to rescue me.  We even left Hawthorne late because "mommies computer" decided to do updates.  And of course, the internet was slow.  I stayed in bed and let mommy navigate while daddy drove.  It was less windy today, so I finally got some good sleep.  When I woke up we were in a KOA in Winnemucca Nevada.  Nice place with a few trees.  I'm not sure what I'm going to do tonight.
Funny thing happened, we parked right next door to a motor home which looked just like ours.



June 19th, 2018
It's Tuesday and we are in Hawthorne Nevada.  It's the home of the Hawthorne Army Depot.  A huge ammunition storage area.  I'll be awake all night listening for a big boom!
I spent some time watching several birds outside our house at dinner time.  I almost got one, but I forgot the door was closed.  Oh well.
Everybody should sleep well tonight.  But I will have one eye open watching for you my dear friend.  I do hope someone comes soon.  I fear we are getting further and further from home.


June 18th, 2018
Last night I was so mad at mom and dad that I hollered all night!  (click on the movie to listen)


I was mad and I was going to tell everybody.
Actually, for non-cat people, when a cat gets excited or has a traumatic experience we will talk.  We will talk a lot.  Even though mommy came out at 1 in the morning, to sit with me.   I was still not feeling right.  Mommy sat up with me until 5 am.  That's when she snuck back into bed.  She finally fed me around 7 am.  Then I went to bed!  I slept all day!  Even when we stopped for the night in Beatty, Nevada.  I don't care.  I'll let them know when I'm hungry again.  Otherwise, I'm going back to bed where I belong.



June 17th, 2018
My dear friends, if you have an ounce of compassion, love or are just bored you will follow my blog and rescue me!  The map above will show you where I'm at.  My mom and dad, after several months of quietness, have decided to torture me, again!  I watched them go in and out of the house all morning long, but no one said anything to me.  Not one word.  Then, about 11 am my dad scooped me up, stuffed me into a soft sided cat carrier and swung me by the end of his arm and took me outside.  OUTSIDE!!  I DON'T DO OUTSIDE!!  I yelled and moaned but even the one who smells nice didn't do anything.  I was destined to take matters into my own "paws", as it were.  I yelled, I moaned, I purred, I even hid (as best I could), but no way Jose.  Mom or dad didn't do anything.  So once we started driving (still in Chino Valley) I urinated on dads side of the bed, as a form of protest.  Anarchist Unite!
But instead of turning around and going home, mom started cleaning my butt.  How humiliating!  Once she cleaned everything, dad started driving again.   Well, I hid under the pillows for the rest of the trip.  I'm not sure I'll ever talk to them again.




Once somebody gets here to rescue me, please, PLEASE check and figure out where my dad bought his license.  He drove at 61 MPH the whole time but he did as much forward movement as he did side to side movement.  Of course, we had a 40 MPH plus cross wind all day.  Every big truck that came near us I closed my eyes.  I think dad did too!
Finally, around 3pm dad stopped at Dolan-Springs, Arizona for the night.  This is a no-nothing RV Park with full hook-ups for $38.05.  But when your tired of traveling ... this will do.


I was just about to come out and look around when mom turned on that noisy air conditioner.  I don't like that noisy thing!!
Dad said he drove 167 miles today.  Tomorrow, he should put up the sail and save gas.  I'm not sure we are going to get any sleep tonight.  The winds here are in excess of 40 MPH.  This motor home is rocky as much as a "van did back in the sixties in upstate New York"!!!


Comments

  1. Tiger – Jim and Sally are thoroughly enjoying your wonderful trip. You are such a lucky cat with great folks!!! We want to know if you walked across the swinging bridge with your folks and if you saw any aliens??? Such an adventure. Thanks for sharing it!!! And the huckleberry pancakes sounded wonderful!!! BEHAVE TIGER!!!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts